_IEFormGetObjByName error handling?

How can I execute a command or do something in my script if _IEFormGetObjByName can't find the form?

EDIT:

I keep on getting an error "--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Error from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType" and im figuring it has to do with the the function trying to find the form when there is none.

Edited by rejectpenguin

Pretty much its looping before a page has fully loaded so the form isn't available when the loop first begins..

while 1
$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, "superstore")
$1nonce = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "nonce")
$nonce = _IEFormElementGetValue ($1nonce)
sleep(200)
wend

try putting in a sleep function for like 5 seconds. You could also try to loop over and over until the form finally went through. I would use ieloadwait though.

_IELoadWait

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait for a browser page load to complete before returning.

#include <IE.au3>

_IELoadWait ( ByRef $o_object [, $i_delay = 0 [, $i_timeout = -1]] )

Parameters

$o_object Object variable of an InternetExplorer.Application or DOM element

$i_delay Optional: Milliseconds to wait before checking status

$i_timeout Optional: Period of time to wait before exiting function (default = 300000 ms aka 5 min)

Return Value

Success: Returns 1

Failure: Returns 0 and sets @ERROR

@Error: 0 ($_IEStatus_Success) = No Error

1 ($_IEStatus_GeneralError) = General Error

3 ($_IEStatus_InvalidDataType) = Invalid Data Type

4 ($_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType) = Invalid Object Type

6 ($_IEStatus_LoadWaitTimeout) = Load Wait Timeout

8 ($_IEStatus_AccessIsDenied) = Access Is Denied

9 ($_IEStatus_ClientDisconnected) = Client Disconnected

@Extended: Contains invalid parameter number

Remarks

Several IE.au3 functions call _IELoadWait() automatically (e.g. _IECreate(), _IENavigate() etc.). Most functions that do this also allow you to turn this off with a $f_wait parameter if you do not want the wait or if you want to call it yourself.

When document objects or DOM elements are passed to _IELoadWait, it will check the readyState of the container elements up to and including the parentwindow.

Browser scripting security restrictions may sometimes prevent _IELoadWait from guaranteeing that a page is fully loaded and can occasionally result in untrapped errors. In these cases you may need to avoid calling _IELoadWait and attempt to employ other methods of insuring that the page load has completed. These methods might include using a Sleep command, examining browser status bar text and other methods. When using functions that call _IELoadWait for objects other than the InternetExplorer (browser) object, you may also be successful by calling _IELoadWait for the browser yourself (e.g. _IELoadWait($oIE)).

The most common causes of trouble are page redirects and cross-site scripting security restrictions associated with frames. Page re-writing techniques employed by some applications (e.g. Gmail) can also cause trouble here.

Since im trying to refresh a page over and over any delay causes a major decrease in performence. I can't do a sleep or an loadwait as I want the code to execute as soon as the form becomes available. If im correct im pretty sure the forms load before images which is why I dont want to do a Ieloadwait.

"--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Error from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType"

This is telling you that $oIE is not an object variable. Check your logic leading into this.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

How can I execute a command or do something in my script if _IEFormGetObjByName can't find the form?

EDIT:

I keep on getting an error "--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Error from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType" and im figuring it has to do with the the function trying to find the form when there is none.

Just test the return value from _IEFormGetObjByName() to see if it's valid before trying to use it:
while 1
     $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, "superstore")
     If IsObj($oForm) Then
          $1nonce = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "nonce")
          $nonce = _IEFormElementGetValue ($1nonce)
     EndIf
     sleep(200)
wend

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law