Windows 2000 TrayTip issue

I have an issue with updating the tray tip on windows 2000 .... This works fine on XP but on windows 2000 the first tray tip appears but none of the rest appear or update on the tray

TrayTip("Test 1" , "TEST TRAY 1", 30, 17)

sleep(2000)

TrayTip("Test 2" , "TEST TRAY 2", 30, 17)

sleep(2000)

TrayTip("Test 3" , "TEST TRAY 3", 30, 17)

sleep(2000)

TrayTip("Test 4" , "TEST TRAY 4", 30, 17)

sleep(2000)

TrayTip("Test 5" , "TEST TRAY 5", 30, 17)

sleep(2000)

Any help appreciated

I have an issue with updating the tray tip on windows 2000 .... This works fine on XP but on windows 2000 the first tray tip appears but none of the rest appear or update on the tray

TrayTip("Test 1" , "TEST TRAY 1", 30, 17)

sleep(2000)

TrayTip("Test 2" , "TEST TRAY 2", 30, 17)

sleep(2000)

TrayTip("Test 3" , "TEST TRAY 3", 30, 17)

sleep(2000)

TrayTip("Test 4" , "TEST TRAY 4", 30, 17)

sleep(2000)

TrayTip("Test 5" , "TEST TRAY 5", 30, 17)

sleep(2000)

Any help appreciated

What is option = 17 supposed to do? That's invalid according to the help file:

TrayTip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Displays a balloon tip from the AutoIt Icon. (2000/XP only)

TrayTip ( "title", "text", timeout [, option] )

Parameters

title = Text appears in bold at the top of the balloon tip. (63 characters maximum)

text = Message the balloon tip will display. (255 characters maximum)

timeout = A rough estimate of the time (in seconds) the balloon tip should be displayed. (Windows has a min and max of about 10-30 seconds but does not always honor a time in that range.)

option = [optional] See Remarks. 0=No icon (default), 1=Info icon, 2=Warning icon, 3=Error icon

:)
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

try calling

TrayTip ( "", "", 0)

before each real traytip.

from the help file:

To clear a tip that is being displayed, call another tip with an empty text string (and any title).

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

try calling

TrayTip ( "", "", 0)

before each real traytip.

from the help file:

Or just make a function like this to do it for you so that the timeout is always near exact.

Func _TrayTip($title='',$text='',$timeout=-1,$option=0)
    Local $t
    $t=TimerInit()
    $timeout*=1000
    TrayTip($title,$text,30,$option)
    If $timeout<0 Then Return 0
    While TimerDiff($t)<$timeout
        Sleep(100)
    WEnd
    _TrayTip()
EndFunc
Edited by crashdemons

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

Thanks for the replies.

The TrayTip ( "", "", 0) seems to do the trick - Will use this before calling a new Traytip to stop windows 2000 misbehaving

PsaltyDS - I lifted the example from a bigger script where I set the Flag type in an Adlib however looking back in my script I cannot understand why I have used Error flag = 19 / warning flag = 18 and Information flag = 17..... It seems to work on XP though ??? Baffled myself - I rememer reading this but as you point

out the help file only goes upto 3 for an error icon - Moment of madness I think

PsaltyDS

Found why I am using 17/18 and 19 on Tray Tips

to quote the helpfile

Windows XP usually plays a sound when displaying a balloon tip. This sound can be disabled by adding 16 to the options parameter or by setting an empty title.

I am not going mad after all

PsaltyDS

Found why I am using 17/18 and 19 on Tray Tips

to quote the helpfile

Windows XP usually plays a sound when displaying a balloon tip. This sound can be disabled by adding 16 to the options parameter or by setting an empty title.

I am not going mad after all

Oh, I missed that! Thanks for the tip.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law