Tracert?

Hello, I'm back and trying to make a program that will ping various servers and relay that data back to me, However the server will not accept pings so I was going to tracert it. But there is not tracert autoit function... any ideas? Trying to ping 206.16.235.12

Hello, I'm back and trying to make a program that will ping various servers and relay that data back to me, However the server will not accept pings so I was going to tracert it. But there is not tracert autoit function... any ideas? Trying to ping 206.16.235.12

TBH, i would find another method other than tracert for this purpose. If the server doesn't accept pings on the WAN port, then chances are the tracert is just going to show *'s for it anyway, w/o any valid information.

If it's a webserver, test if the page is up.

If it's a server that you know a defined port on, and it accepts a port check, automate a port testing website to see if it's online.

Otherwise, without more information, I think it would be difficult to answer your question.

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

btw the tracert... dosen't have the same behaviour as ping :( and u could (if u wanted to)

block pings but not trace's or block both or just trace's :)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and i'm not sure about the former -Alber EinsteinPractice makes perfect! but nobody's perfect so why practice at all?http://forum.ambrozie.ro

btw the tracert... dosen't have the same behaviour as ping :D and u could (if u wanted to)

block pings but not trace's or block both or just trace's :)

This is true; the behavior is different; however, if the WAN ping is blocked, chances are, and in the case of his ip address there, the tracert is too :(. Secondly, it is not really a good thing to constnatly test via tracert anyway, it's slow, cumbersome and only gives you good path checking, not destination checking.

He really needs to find a different method of finding if the thing is online anyway :D

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

That is not a web address, see the first one:

http://www.egn.com.au/wiki/WoW_Server_IP_Addresses

Then in that case, wouldn't it just be easier to go here:

WOW Realm Status

lol

Madman is right, I can tracert it but not ping, and zack, This program is supposed to tell them what the fastest realm would be.

I've been thinking on this awhile, and decided to check some methods out.

Please see here for a test script that I created. It may, or may not, work. LOL I don't know. Just something i threw together. But for me, being in northern idaho, every single run gives me servers located at the Los Angelas Data Center. When i tracert the seattle ones, they always come back higher latency than the Los Angelas one, so i'm inclined to think it works.

or were you trying to give WoW a ping-attack? :)

Kinda hard to give it a pong attack, as it only does the request 1 time per permutation. Meaning the test is only done 3 times TOTAL. Secondly, the server is the one closing the receive connection (from what I can tell), so in reality, there is no attack.

It's a send, wait, close scenario. Not a constant send, or overflow, or open this thousands of times per socket/server.

I HIGHLY doubt that tihs type of 'attack' would even affect a server, especially when you consider that UDP is fire and forget. UDP receive servers constantly receive data, and a few PING octets isn't going to bother it that much. Most of the work is done w/ the UDPRecv() function anyway :(

jdisme Posted 46 minutes ago

Doesn't work for me =(

It may not work for you, which is why i posted that it MAY or MAY NOT work :D This also has to do with your connection, as much as your virtual location as well. For example, aircards, sattelite and wireless CPE connections (ie wireless connections using 900mhz technology from a tower or something) may not return exact results because your IP address is not physically tied to your location; instead it's tied to the NOC's connection.

But, what WOULD be interesting is to know what servers it returned for you, and what connection you WERE using, and what timezone YOU are in, so that i can further refine it, if necessary :D

I ment the script didn't work for me :(

Ah, what error did you get? The only reason i ask is i wrote this using the PRODUCTIOn version of Autoit. So if you are using anything less than tha,t or the RC's or Beta, it probably won't work because of the _ArraySort() command that's in there :)

For some reason, I can't figure out how to get the Beta _ArraySort() function to come up properly.

Also, i updated it today, so check out the new additions: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71286

Edited by zackrspv