how to check if a program is installed or not ?

hi ,

please tell me how can i check if a program is installed or not.

For example what should i do if i want to check if the download manager is installed or not.

thanx for the help.

OS: Windows XP SP2, AutoIt version: 3.2.10.0Help The Great Forum Which is Used by You For Help.01 - Always Respect The Forum Members.02 - Use Search Before Posting or making any new Thread.03 - Help The Newbies.

yes , i know but how to detect them ?

i mean if folder exists @ProgramDir & "IDM" Then

MsgBox(4096, "IDM Found", "Please Click ok to continue adding new files", 10)

how can i detect if a folder or reg entry exists or not.

thanx for the help !

OS: Windows XP SP2, AutoIt version: 3.2.10.0Help The Great Forum Which is Used by You For Help.01 - Always Respect The Forum Members.02 - Use Search Before Posting or making any new Thread.03 - Help The Newbies.

Use FileExists to check for your folder or file.

If FileExists(@ProgramsDir & "\IDM") Then
EndIfoÝ÷ Øw«z+P1_¢»j·!x¢¶§z{kË­)íë§{-jYd{+~+kzÛ«ËazéâËZ[-®)ࢺ-êÚ±ùZ¶§Ø¬{-jY^u«­¢+Øì¹ÑÈ¥ÍÁ±å¹µÌÁɵÑÈ(ÀÌØíÉÍÕ±Ðô}U¹¥¹Íѱ±¹ÑÉä ÌäíÕѽ%ÐØ̸ȸÄȸÀÌäì°Ä¤)%9½ÐÉɽÈQ¡¸(%5Í  ½à À°ÌäìÌäì°ÀÌØíÉÍձФ)¹%()Õ¹}U¹¥¹Íѱ±¹ÑÉä ÀÌØí¥ÍÁ±å¹µ°ÀÌØíÙ±ÕôÀ¤(%1½°ÀÌØí­å}µ¥¸ôÌäí!-14ÀäÈíM=Q]IÀäÈí5¥É½Í½ÐÀäÈí]¥¹½ÝÌÀäÈí
ÕÉɹÑYÉÍ¥½¸ÀäÈíU¹¥¹Íѱ°Ìäì(1½°ÀÌØí¤°ÀÌØí­å}µ¥¸°ÀÌØí­å}ÉÍձаÀÌØí­å}ÍÕ°ÀÌØíÙÉÍ¥½¸°ÀÌØíÍ¥éôMÑÉ¥¹1¸ ÀÌØí¥ÍÁ±å¹µ¤(%MÝ¥Ñ ÀÌØíÙ±Õ($%
ÍÄ($$$ÀÌØíÙ±ÕôÌäíU¹¥¹Íѱ±MÑÉ¥¹Ìäì($%
ÍÈ($$$ÀÌØíÙ±ÕôÌäíEÕ¥ÑU¹¥¹Íѱ±MÑÉ¥¹Ìäì($%
ÍÌ($$$ÀÌØíÙ±ÕôÌäí¥ÍÁ±åYÉÍ¥½¸Ìäì($%
ͱÍ($$$ÀÌØíÙ±ÕôÌäìÌäì(%¹MÝ¥Ñ (%½ÈÀÌØí¤ôÄQ¼ÄÀÀÀ($$ÀÌØí­å}ÍÕôI¹Õµ-ä ÀÌØí­å}µ¥¸°ÀÌØí¤¤($%%ÉɽÈQ¡¸á¥Ñ1½½À($%%MÑÉ¥¹1СII ÀÌØí­å}µ¥¸µÀìÌäìÀäÈìÌäìµÀìÀÌØí­å}ÍÕ°Ìäí¥ÍÁ±å9µÌä줰ÀÌØíÍ¥é¤ôÀÌØí¥ÍÁ±å¹µQ¡¸($$$ÀÌØíÑôII ÀÌØí­å}µ¥¸µÀìÌäìÀäÈìÌäìµÀìÀÌØí­å}ÍÕ°ÀÌØíÙ±Õ¤($$%%ÀÌØíÙ±ÕôÌäìÌäìQ¡¸IÑÕɸÌäí%¹Íѱ±Ìäì($$%%ÀÌØíÑôÌäìÌäì=ÈÉɽÈQ¡¸
½¹Ñ¥¹Õ1½½À($$%IÑÕɸÀÌØíÑ($%¹%(%9áÐ(%MÑÉÉ½È Ä¤(%IÑÕɸ)¹Õ¹

You can use a part name like "AutoIt" and it will find it by using StringLeft(). Something to learn from.

:)

thanx for the help !

• 1 year later...

Hello,

It appears I am not able to see the correct scriptyou attached. What encoding have you used?

Thanks.

Use FileExists to check for your folder or file.

If FileExists(@ProgramsDir & "\IDM") Then
EndIfoÝ÷ Øw«z+P1_¢»j·!x¢¶§z{kË­)íë§{-jYd{+~+kzÛ«ËazéâËZ[-®)ࢺ-êÚ±ùZ¶§Ø¬{-jY^u«­¢+Øì¹ÑÈ¥ÍÁ±å¹µÌÁɵÑÈ(ÀÌØíÉÍÕ±Ðô}U¹¥¹Íѱ±¹ÑÉä ÌäíÕѽ%ÐØ̸ȸÄȸÀÌäì°Ä¤)%9½ÐÉɽÈQ¡¸(%5Í  ½à À°ÌäìÌäì°ÀÌØíÉÍձФ)¹%()Õ¹}U¹¥¹Íѱ±¹ÑÉä ÀÌØí¥ÍÁ±å¹µ°ÀÌØíÙ±ÕôÀ¤(%1½°ÀÌØí­å}µ¥¸ôÌäí!-14ÀäÈíM=Q]IÀäÈí5¥É½Í½ÐÀäÈí]¥¹½ÝÌÀäÈí

ÕÉɹÑYÉÍ¥½¸ÀäÈíU¹¥¹Íѱ°Ìäì(1½°ÀÌØí¤°ÀÌØí­å}µ¥¸°ÀÌØí­å}ÉÍձаÀÌØí­å}ÍÕ°ÀÌØíÙÉÍ¥½¸°ÀÌØíÍ¥éôMÑÉ¥¹1¸ ÀÌØí¥ÍÁ±å¹µ¤(%MÝ¥Ñ ÀÌØíÙ±Õ($%

ÍÄ($$$ÀÌØíÙ±ÕôÌäíU¹¥¹Íѱ±MÑÉ¥¹Ìäì($%

ÍÈ($$$ÀÌØíÙ±ÕôÌäíEÕ¥ÑU¹¥¹Íѱ±MÑÉ¥¹Ìäì($%

ÍÌ($$$ÀÌØíÙ±ÕôÌäí¥ÍÁ±åYÉÍ¥½¸Ìäì($%

ͱÍ($$$ÀÌØíÙ±ÕôÌäìÌäì(%¹MÝ¥Ñ (%½ÈÀÌØí¤ôÄQ¼ÄÀÀÀ($$ÀÌØí­å}ÍÕôI¹Õµ-ä ÀÌØí­å}µ¥¸°ÀÌØí¤¤($%%ÉɽÈQ¡¸á¥Ñ1½½À($%%MÑÉ¥¹1СII ÀÌØí­å}µ¥¸µÀìÌäìÀäÈìÌäìµÀìÀÌØí­å}ÍÕ°Ìäí¥ÍÁ±å9µÌä줰ÀÌØíÍ¥é¤ôÀÌØí¥ÍÁ±å¹µQ¡¸($$$ÀÌØíÑôII ÀÌØí­å}µ¥¸µÀìÌäìÀäÈìÌäìµÀìÀÌØí­å}ÍÕ°ÀÌØíÙ±Õ¤($$%%ÀÌØíÙ±ÕôÌäìÌäìQ¡¸IÑÕɸÌäí%¹Íѱ±Ìäì($$%%ÀÌØíÑôÌäìÌäì=ÈÉɽÈQ¡¸

½¹Ñ¥¹Õ1½½À($$%IÑÕɸÀÌØíÑ($%¹%(%9áÐ(%MÑÉÉ½È Ä¤(%IÑÕɸ)¹Õ¹

You can use a part name like "AutoIt" and it will find it by using StringLeft(). Something to learn from.

:D

Hello,

It appears I am not able to see the correct scriptyou attached. What encoding have you used?

Thanks.

There's no encoding, that is what happened to text in the old AutoIt tags after the upgrade. If you want an example for FileExist() then check the helpfile, it has everything you need.