Bug or my fault? FileInstall() Error

So I am making this like shell/skin for a small C++ proggy that injects some code into a game called Warcraft III

My problem is that when I compile it, it says:

Posted Image

EDIT: The fault was just:

FileInstall(@Scriptdir & "/blablha.exe", @Tempdir & "/blablha.exe")

source: The source path of the file to compile. This must be a literal string; it cannot be a variable.

So it had to be:

FileInstall(C:/blablha.exe", @Tempdir & "/blablha.exe")

Edited by LinuZ

• Developers

source The source path of the file to compile. This must be a literal string; it cannot be a variable.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks for a so fast answer but I dont get where it would be variable; I only use macros for installing the files :)

Are they counted as same?

I edited it so it is a full string with the full path to the files and I tried without a path too. Not working :/

Jos; give another suggestion! :(

Edited by LinuZ

• Developers

A Macro is a "fixed" variable. the thing to realize is that the script isn't running when you perform the aut2exe operation and thus cannot interpret that Macro. That is why it needs a literal string.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

A Macro is a "fixed" variable. the thing to realize is that the script isn't running when you perform the aut2exe operation and thus cannot interpret that Macro. That is why it needs a literal string.

Ok, now I know that :(

So the _Install() function should look like this:

Func _Install()
    FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Spel\Desktop\ISEEDEADPOEPL\isdp_hack.png", @TempDir & "\isdp_hack.png")
    FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Spel\Desktop\ISEEDEADPOEPL\isdp_skull.png", @TempDir & "\isdp_skull.png")
    FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Spel\Desktop\ISEEDEADPOEPL\grey.gif", @TempDir & "\grey.gif")
    FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Spel\Desktop\ISEEDEADPOEPL\isdp.wav", @TempDir & "\isdp.wav")
    FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Spel\Desktop\ISEEDEADPOEPL\song.mod", @TempDir & "\song.mod")
    FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Spel\Desktop\ISEEDEADPOEPL\BASSMOD.dll", @TempDir & "\BASSMOD.dll")
    FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Spel\Desktop\ISEEDEADPOEPL\isdp.exe", @TempDir & "\isdp.exe")
EndFunc

Privacy, hell with it xD

The problem is that this doesnt work :/

• Developers

Ok, now I know that :)

So the _Install() function should look like this:

Func _Install()
    FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Spel\Desktop\ISEEDEADPOEPL\isdp_hack.png", @TempDir & "\isdp_hack.png")
    FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Spel\Desktop\ISEEDEADPOEPL\isdp_skull.png", @TempDir & "\isdp_skull.png")
    FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Spel\Desktop\ISEEDEADPOEPL\grey.gif", @TempDir & "\grey.gif")
    FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Spel\Desktop\ISEEDEADPOEPL\isdp.wav", @TempDir & "\isdp.wav")
    FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Spel\Desktop\ISEEDEADPOEPL\song.mod", @TempDir & "\song.mod")
    FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Spel\Desktop\ISEEDEADPOEPL\BASSMOD.dll", @TempDir & "\BASSMOD.dll")
    FileInstall("C:\Documents and Settings\Spel\Desktop\ISEEDEADPOEPL\isdp.exe", @TempDir & "\isdp.exe")
EndFunc

Privacy, hell with it xD

The problem is that this doesnt work :/

Would help when you describe what isn't working or what errors you get....

Show the SciTE output pane information when you do F7 (assuming you use SciTE).

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Would help when you describe what isn't working or what errors you get....

Show the SciTE output pane information when you do F7 (assuming you use SciTE).

I'm sorry I can't ATM, but I will when I can if still needed.(I'm not on the comp with the source)

All I get is that MessageBox that I posted in the first post, no outcome on what is wrong at all.

Have you tried to compile it? Have you got it working?

Thanks!

The mystic thing is that it works at our family computer not on my and my brothers comp :/

I had to edit some small things but then it worked like a charm and now it is compiled... The mystic thing is that we have exactly the same versions ...

Yaya, but I can always move to this comp when I need to compile something bigger like this :)

Thanks for the help Jos!