Run then close?

Ok so I wrote this simple code...

#include <GUIListBox.au3>
$list = ProcessList()
Start()

Func Start()
Global $Form
$Form1 = GUICreate($Form1, 633, 447, 193, 125)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
$hListBox = _GUICtrlListBox_Create ("Form1", "", 2, 2, 396, 296)
    GUICtrlSetData(-1, ""&$list)
EndFunc

All I want it to do right now is list the processes. I open it, and I get an error that says

Error: Variable used without being declared.

:)

i see your problem your using the variable $Form1 in the same line as your delcaring which will not work as you see the error message you recieved..... plus your using a variable as the titel of your script a very simple mistake just remove the $ in front of form1 like this:

$list = ProcessList()
Start()

Func Start()
Global $Form
$Form1 = GUICreate(Form1, 633, 447, 193, 125); changes made here to $form1 now is form1 a titel not a variable
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
EndFunc

"FREEDOM is not FREE""Its a good thing war is so terrible, or we grow too fond of it" -Robert E. Lee[quote]Firestrom: global $warming = False[/quote]My scripts:Desktop Cleaner---->Total Downloads:167;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;111111;;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;"a wise man once said why use your skills when we have technology"

found another error as well you forgot " around the titel here:

$list = ProcessList()
Start()

Func Start()
Global $Form
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 633, 447, 193, 125);added quote
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
EndFunc

wow i found another error that i hope fixes your sript here:

$list = ProcessList()
Start()

Func Start()
Global $Form
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 633, 447, 193, 125)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
$hListBox = _GUICtrlListBox_Create ("Form1",  396, 296, 2, 2);<----------- you had the 2's switched around with the 396 and 296 i think its in right order now
EndFunc
Edited by TnTProductions

"FREEDOM is not FREE""Its a good thing war is so terrible, or we grow too fond of it" -Robert E. Lee[quote]Firestrom: global $warming = False[/quote]My scripts:Desktop Cleaner---->Total Downloads:167;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;111111;;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;1;;;;;;1;;;;;;;;;;;;;;11;;;;;;"a wise man once said why use your skills when we have technology"

• Developers

do you understand what im saying?

Whats the idea here posting 4 replies in a row ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Whats the idea here posting 4 replies in a row ?

i removed them

it still isnt working even in correct format..hmmm look at this example script a friend sent to me it may have solutions to your problem

#region --- GuiBuilder code Start ---
; Script generated by AutoBuilder 0.6 Prototype

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

;Creating the GUI
GuiCreate("MyGUI", 384, 240,-1, -1 , BitOR($WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))

;Creating all of the buttons/inputs/labels
$incomel = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Weekly income:", 10, 10, 80, 20)
$income = GuiCtrlCreateInput("", 100, 10, 240, 20)
$expenl = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Weekly expenses:", 10, 40, 90, 20)
$expen = GuiCtrlCreateInput("0", 100, 40, 240, 20)
$samtl = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Starting amount:", 10, 70, 90, 20)
$samt = GuiCtrlCreateInput("0", 100, 70, 240, 20)
$weeksl = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Weeks:", 10, 100, 80, 20)
$weeks = GuiCtrlCreateInput("", 100, 100, 240, 20)
$youwillhavel = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("You will have: 0$", 10, 130, 370, 20)
$statusl = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("You will be a(n): Hobo", 10, 160, 360, 20)
$calc = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Calculate", 100, 190, 180, 40)

GuiSetState()
While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop
    ;If you press Calculate
    Case $msg = $calc
    ;Reading the input boxes
        $inc = GUICtrlRead($income)
        $exp = GUICtrlRead($expen)
        $startamt = GUICtrlRead($samt)
        $weekn = GUICtrlRead($weeks)
    ;Calculating the profit
        $prof = ($inc*$weekn)-($exp*$weekn)+$startamt
    ;Changing the Profit display
        GUICtrlSetData($youwillhavel,"You will have: " & $prof)
    ;Deciding on what you'll be
    ;Select is like If and Elseif, except that it uses select and case.
        Select
        ; <= means less than or equal to
            Case $prof <= 100
                GUICtrlSetData($statusl,"You will be a(n): Hobo")
            case $prof > 100 AND $prof <= 200
                GUICtrlSetData($statusl,"You will be a(n): Burger flipper")
            case $prof > 200 AND $prof <= 1000
                GUICtrlSetData($statusl,"You will be a(n): Assembly line worker")
            case $prof > 1000 AND $prof <= 10000
                GUICtrlSetData($statusl,"You will be a(n): Teacher")
            case $prof > 10000 AND $prof <= 50000
                GUICtrlSetData($statusl,"You will be a(n): Trucker")
            case $prof > 50000 AND $prof <= 200000
                GUICtrlSetData($statusl,"You will be a(n): Lawyer")
            case $prof > 200000 AND $prof <= 1000000
                GUICtrlSetData($statusl,"You will be a(n): CEO")
            case $prof > 1000000 AND $prof <= 1000000000
                GUICtrlSetData($statusl,"You will be a(n): Millionaire")
            case $prof > 1000000000 AND $prof <= 1000000000000
                GUICtrlSetData($statusl,"You will be a(n): Billionaire")
            case $prof > 1000000000000
                GUICtrlSetData($statusl,"You will be a(n): Kajillionaire")
        EndSelect
    EndSelect
WEnd
Exit
#endregion --- GuiBuilder generated code End ---

hmm ill mess around with your script for a while and ill see if i can figure out your problem ill be back soon meanwhile check the helpfile if u need to

Edited by TnTProductions

hmm ill mess around with your script for a while and ill see if i can figure out your problem ill be back soon meanwhile check the helpfile if u need to

I've been checking :)

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

there

???

made a little progress but i now have a new error message at last line which means once we fix this your script will function check new script out:

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
$list = ProcessList()
Start()

Func Start()
Global $Form
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 633, 447, 193, 125)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
$hListBox = _GUICtrlListBox_Create("Form1", "String upon creation", 2, 2, 396, 296)
    GUICtrlSetData("-1, ""&$list)
    Terminate(GUICtrlSetData("-1, ""&$list))
EndFunc

the error message states:GUICtrlSetData("-1, ""&$list) not terminated so try it out and see if you have any ideas

i fixed problem u forgot quotes agian around the GUICtrlSetData("-1, ""&$list) quotes go behind $list in line like this GUICtrlSetData("-1, ""&$list")

but now im back to first perimiter error message ill work on the script tomorrow and help u later

Edited by TnTProductions

Ok its finally done but it doesnt display anything since you havent listed any items but i fixed all ur errors so just add things to list on ur display table

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
$list = ProcessList()
Start()

Func Start()
Global $hGUI
$hGUI = GUICreate("Form1", 633, 447, 193, 125)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
$hListBox = _GUICtrlListBox_Create($hGUI, "String upon creation", 2, 2, 396, 296)
    GUICtrlSetData(-1, $hGUI)

EndFunc

i felt generous to help because i was like this once to and no one helped me much so have fun with autoit 3 its the easiest scripter out there

OK. That kind of works. I get the thing open without errors, but there are no process' located in the ListBox.

EDIT: The Sleep(10000) just makes it not close... Is there any way I can keep it open without that?

Edited by Hok

Wow. Thanks!

EDIT: There are some wierd options though.... There is a close button, and a Text Selected Button. Also, when I close it, it flashes the old GUI for a second before closing.

Edited by Hok