Sending files with P2P (TCP?)

A. AU3 #1 rule - DON'T ARGUE WITH JOS !!!

B. P2P is using TCP-IP calls.

C. P2P is 100% possible using AU3, however is also 100% not best choice since AU3 will work a bit slower and is a bit limited.

-. theoretically speaking you should create a 'client'+'server' script for all users + have some main server to hold the entire connections/client lists....

>>you should use the server to know to whom should you connect, and then connect to the other user as a client, once connected ask for the file... and start recv.

>>On the other hand... you should also have a ""server"" script so that other clients will be able to connect to you and make requests....

Clients ==> Server - I AM: [IP]
Clients ==> Server -> Search
Clients <== Server <- Results + IPS.

ClientA --> ClientB [IPs] REQ.
ClientA <-- ClientB [IPs] Send.

that's about how it should work...

Edited by Armand

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

• 2 years later...

There is a way to make a p2p system without the need 2 know the ips of all clients, there is a nice implementation of tht for vpn in P2PVPN (google 4 it) it use a torrent tracker like piratebay's function of announce to make a list on a fixed ip with all the clients ips that are then used for creating the vpn connection, that can b used in au3 too, or even better you make a ip xchange server that keeps track of all online clients and then all the search and stuff are done between clients ... is jst a ideea

(i could be wrong)

P2P doesn't NECESSARILY need tcp, you could use udp, i'm trying to implement that myself, but seeing how udp uses a connectionless send/recv you don't need a server, because udpbind creates the listening socket for you just like tcplisten and then tcpaccept does, but udp does it so that its quick and connectionless, HOWEVER!! tcp has error checking built in, that is why most applications that are designed use tcp to securely transfer data.

tcp = preferred

udp = optional but also works

and yes, file transferring over a network is possible in autoit.