Tell me if this is any good.

Centurion_D

yes i'm a relative newb to (meaning i just never post but got started about 1.5 weeks ago) autoit but recently i've made some new discoveries and decided to make this program that automatically shuts down, reboots, or logs off your computer up to 24 days away...

So this may be a crappy program to you guys but I do want to release this program later on to the internet so you're lookin at alphas for the basic program...Any features that could possibly added or other additions that I could place in this script.

Oh, and if you don't have the beta version of autoit, it may not work (uses GUI).

Thanks in advance...

Edited by Centurion_D

If my posts or emails are not in the correct format, too bad! Technology is my territory!My Programming Page (I need members!):http://doublexlegion.gwgaming.net/

I don't like unzipping this anyway, if you could just attach the source that'd be great :idiot:

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

ah one sec

thanks!

its not like i'll do anything anyways but i understand y...

should've thought of that but i kinda wanted to be a bit more private about my source.

Shutdown_timer_v1.1.au3

Edited by Centurion_D

If my posts or emails are not in the correct format, too bad! Technology is my territory!My Programming Page (I need members!):http://doublexlegion.gwgaming.net/

It's decent.

Instead of using $x = 1, 2, 3 why not use the actual string? Shutdown, restart, reboot for example.

Also you used a bit too much spacing for my liking, but that's all opinion based :idiot:

Great for a first script.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

well i would've but i wanted to make a force option earlier but it didn't work out so i just copied the old code into the GUI and modified the placements of the buttons and such but thanks anyways...

"spacing?" as in too compact or too many options in the main GUI?

and, well this isn't my very first script but really my first with a working GUI that I completed by myself.

this is actually my fifth or so...

1) Process Ender v1.0/ 1.1 (command line mode/not much difference)

2) PE v1.2 (with a friend for GUI/ includes command line)

3) Online Sonar (very simple pinging program)

4) Shutdown Timer v1.0 (no options)

5) ST v1.1 (what you see now)

Edited by Centurion_D

In your code, how it's spaced out :idiot:

I try to keep mine compact, I just think it looks gorgeous sometimes.

I like it but, instead of processclose use Exit

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]