@AutoItUnicode undefined in v3.2.12.0

In the copy of "AutoIt v3.2.12.0" that I just downloaded and installed:

it seems that neither @AutoItUnicode nor @Unicode are installed?

@AutoItUnicode is defined in the Help, however.

I have searched this forum and the latest note that I can find is in Jon's in

"AutoIt v3.2.12.0 Released" Notes where it says:

"- Changed: @Unicode renamed in @AutoItUnicode. @Unicode is an alias for now. It will be removed > 3.2.14.0"

In my downloaded "...\AutoIt3\Include\GuiListView.au3" there are many occurrences of "@AutoItUnicode" which are

flagged as undefined macros on execution. I replaced all of the @AutoItUnicode occurrences

with False and GuiListView.au3 functions without error (as it did in v3.2.10.0).

Please ignore this note if this problem has already been identified.

Thanks,

RW Baker

Edited by RWBaker

RW Baker

In the copy of "AutoIt v3.2.12.0" that I just downloaded and installed:

it seems that neither @AutoItUnicode nor @Unicode are installed?

@AutoItUnicode is defined in the Help, however.

I have searched this forum and the latest note that I can find is in Jon's in

"AutoIt v3.2.12.0 Released" Notes where it says:

"- Changed: @Unicode renamed in @AutoItUnicode. @Unicode is an alias for now. It will be removed > 3.2.14.0"

In my downloaded "...\AutoIt3\Include\GuiListView.au3" there are many occurrences of "@AutoItUnicode" which are

flagged as undefined macros on execution. I replaced all of the @AutoItUnicode occurrences

with False and GuiListView.au3 functions without error (as it did in v3.2.10.0).

Please ignore this note if this problem has already been identified.

Thanks,

RW Baker

I'm probably stupid and i apologize for that; but how are you seeing this error?

ConsoleWrite(@AutoItUnicode & @CRLF)

Shows proper values for me using the new version. So, how is it missing for you? You have like, maybe, a script reference y ou can quote for us to show us where the error seems to be?

Note, from the help file:

@AutoItUnicode Returns 1 if running using the Unicode version of AutoIt (AutoIt3.exe) or 0 if running the ANSI version (AutoIt3A.exe).

Usually, this macro should not be required as AutoIt handles any Unicode/ANSI conversions. However, with certain DllCalls() or use of direct Windows messages this may be required.

So, you may want to ensure you actually need those calls in there. Edited by zackrspv

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

If I execute:

MsgBox(0,"",@AutoItUnicode)

I get an undefined macro error...

I'm trying to use: "...\AutoIt3\Include\GuiListView.au3"...it is an AutoIt library include file (I didn't write it).

A typical use in this include file is (line 325):

If @AutoItUnicode Then

$tBuffer = DllStructCreate("wchar Text[4096]")

Else

$tBuffer = DllStructCreate("char Text[4096]")

EndIf

Right now, I don't know where to look...everything else is working fine for me in v3.2.12.0.

RW Baker

RW Baker

If I execute:

I'm trying to use: "...\AutoIt3\Include\GuiListView.au3"...it is an AutoIt library include file (I didn't write it).

A typical use in this include file is (line 325):

If @AutoItUnicode Then

$tBuffer = DllStructCreate("wchar Text[4096]")

Else

$tBuffer = DllStructCreate("char Text[4096]")

EndIf

Right now, I don't know where to look...everything else is working fine for me in v3.2.12.0.

RW Baker

Hum, maybe your install is just messed up.

If @AutoItUnicode Then
  MsgBox(0, "Info", "Running UniCode")
Else
   MsgBox(0, "Info", "NOT Running UniCode")
EndIf

MsgBox(0, "Test", @AutoItUnicode)

Works perfectly for me on the new version (3.2.12.0)

Edited by zackrspv

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

Thanks a lot...I already installed it twice...I'll just keep looking.

Again, I appreciate the prompt confirmation that yours works fine!

RW Baker

As an idea, to see if it's actually a direct issue with the new autoit, or just a misconfiguration on YOUR system. You should remove your currently installed Autoit (backup any custom includes you've made), and reinstall the previous version.

And after you do that, install via OVERWRITE in the options screen, the new version, and see if it works.

Chances are, since all I do when updating to new versions is OVERWRITE my configuration, not completely uninstall Autoit, that one of the includes, or the autoit base files is still there [from the previous version], and may not be there in the new version [via clean install].

Other than that, not sure what else to suggest :)

Edited by zackrspv

If I execute:

Please run that from SciTE and post the full output of the console at the bottom of the window.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

SORRY....everything is now fine!!!!!

My dumb! I had an AutoIt script running in the background that I completely forgot about because it is

started silently at start-up. So that suppressed the install overwrite of the AutoIt3.exe file. Grrrrr.

All of your responses really helped me, thanks!

RW Baker

RW Baker

SORRY....everything is now fine!!!!!

My dumb! I had an AutoIt script running in the background that I completely forgot about because it is

started silently at start-up. So that suppressed the install overwrite of the AutoIt3.exe file. Grrrrr.

All of your responses really helped me, thanks!

RW Baker

Ha! lol hey, we all make mistakes, glad it's working for ya :)

• 3 weeks later...

If I run the bare v.3.12.0, the compiler finds @unicode, but with the full SciTE also installed, it fails to find it. It does however find @AutoItUnicode. Not sure why that should be, but perhaps there's some setting in the full editor which I haven't found...

Chris

If I run the bare v.3.12.0, the compiler finds @unicode, but with the full SciTE also installed, it fails to find it. It does however find @AutoItUnicode. Not sure why that should be, but perhaps there's some setting in the full editor which I haven't found...

Chris

From the help file for 3.2.12.0:

16th May, 2008 - v3.2.12.0

AutoIt:

Removed: Unnecessary optional parameter from ProcessClose().

Removed: RunAsSet(). (Replaced with RunAs() and RunAsWait())

Removed: RunErrorsFatal option ( Opt() ).

Removed: ColorMode option ( Opt() ).

Changed: @Unicode renamed in @AutoItUnicode. @Unicode is an alias for now. It will be removed > 3.2.14.0

SciTE is enforcing the new name for the Macro instead of the deprecated one.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law