Versioning for compiled autoit script

Is there a way to add a version to a compiled script.

When I look at the properties of a compiled (exe) the version date is the same as the autoit program that compiled the exe. I want to be able to change the version every time I compile a script to an exe. In my script to copy the exe I can determine if I need to copy the new version.

I found a script that uses a variable for the version then compares the variable to the first line in a file called version.txt. This works but I did't want to use an other file for this compare.

Any other ideas???

please, search before posting, this was answered millions before

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

please, search before posting, this was answered millions before

Thank you for giving me such good advise. I would not have posted here if I had found what I was looking for. My last recourse is to post here so When I do it is because I need your expertise. When I get a response like you gave it does not help. I though this is what the forum is for. You could of pointed to a previous posting that you thought could help. As I stated in my posting I had found something but I thought there might be some other solutioni that I could not find.

#Region AutoIt3Wrapper directives section

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=y

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.0.26

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_FileVersion_AutoIncrement=y

#EndRegion AutoIt3Wrapper directives section

;

$Fileversion = FileGetVersion(@ScriptName)

MsgBox(0, "Fileversion", $Fileversion)

Thank you for giving me such good advise. I would not have posted here if I had found what I was looking for. My last recourse is to post here so When I do it is because I need your expertise. When I get a response like you gave it does not help. I though this is what the forum is for. You could of pointed to a previous posting that you thought could help. As I stated in my posting I had found something but I thought there might be some other solutioni that I could not find.

Nevermind

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys