Any func for irda ?

hello,

finish to read doc about winlirc a program to Infrared Remote Control you PC.

read that serial connection is needed to use your TV remote on your PC/notebook,

but i've some question...

common notebook irda are serial ?

if yes exist any funcrion to detect infra red TV remote input/signal ?

thank you for any info,

m.

• 11 months later...

This is old topic, but no answer.

I will ask something similar - can I use IRDA port (USB) for remote control, to control my TV?

Any suggestions with or without autoit are welcome :).

Yes you can. How? I have no idea, not until you give us more details, like how you are expecting to control the tv.

hello,

finish to read doc about winlirc a program to Infrared Remote Control you PC.

read that serial connection is needed to use your TV remote on your PC/notebook,

but i've some question...

common notebook irda are serial ?

if yes exist any funcrion to detect infra red TV remote input/signal ?

thank you for any info,

m.

In the BIOS on some PCs you can set one of the serial ports, (usually COM2 I think) to be the irda channel. That's the end of my knowledge on that I'm afraid.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Yes you can. How? I have no idea, not until you give us more details, like how you are expecting to control the tv.

OK. I will try to be more clear - I have IRDA USB device just like this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.753

And I need to use this device as a remote for the TV. What I have - computer controlled IRDA transmitter - basically I can "read" from a IR source like a original remote controler, and I can send the same signal to the TV from my USB IRDA device. But as far as I know when my device is on USB, I don't have direct control to the device. I try some strange software who should make a virtual com port, but id doesn't work. I already this kind of software but for pocket PC - thats why i think there is a way, but I don't know how.

My final point is to control home appliance with this module:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12902

remotely from my PC.

If it can't do it I can use another type of IRDA controller like this:

http://www.usbuirt.com/

But this one is too expensive for me.

If anyone have any ideal - please help me :). I promice I will share everything if I succseed

I use the serial port version of uirt with the old free version of Girder and AutoIt scripts to control my HTPC. It can be also used with a usb serial port interface on newer pc's and the cost can be lower than the usb uirt if you build it yourself. You might want try this site (untried) which has some free software that can use a very simple serial port driven ir emitter or parallel port driven irda.

Edited by picaxe

• 4 weeks later...

I think I know the solution. I have a palm z22 and It has a IR port on it. It can act like a universal remote. The only problem is getting autoit to read the IR port on my laptop. Could this be done by a function? I remember that in one of my scripts that I used fileopen and fileread to "read" the text that was entered by a user on the command line. Could this be the same?

~ Sniper120

The only problem is getting autoit to read the IR port on my laptop. Could this be done by a function? I remember that in one of my scripts that I used fileopen and fileread to "read" the text that was entered by a user on the command line. Could this be the same?

Here is some code that may work (made in 2005). It sends "RT" and gets a response back after two seconds.

$MsComm = ObjCreate("MSCOMMLib.MsComm.1")

$MsComm.CommPort = 2
$MsComm.Settings = "9600,N,8,1"
$MsComm.Handshaking = 0
$MsComm.InBufferSize = 1024
$MsComm.InputLen = 1

$MsComm.PortOpen = 1

While 1
    _MsgOut("RT" & @CR)
    MsgBox(0,"Testing",_MsgIn())
    Sleep(2000)
WEnd

Func _MsgOut($str)