Put selected text into Clipboard.

Well, it's been some time since I last started a Topic here :)

I had an idea for a new program, but before trying to begin with it I wanted to figure out how and if it's possible to put/get a selected text into the Clipput() function.

(This would like this: Clipput(Area.Selected))

You know, when you select something you hit the CTRL+C button and it's in at the clipboard. Well I was wondering if that was possible with AutoIT, because I want to use an other key combination then CTRL+C (and I thought that you can't 'copy' the CTRL+C combination witht AutoIT, just like the CTRL+ALT+DEL combination isn't catchable)...

If someone knows how-to or can say it isn't possible, thank you!

Greetz,

Neo

[center][font="Arial"]--- The Neo and Only --- [/font][font="Arial"]--Projects---[/font]Image to Text converterText to ASCII converter[/center]

HotKeySet("{ESC}","terminate")
HotKeySet("!c","copy")

while 1
    sleep(121)
WEnd

Func copy()
    Send("^c")
    MsgBox(1,"test",ClipGet())
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

Look at that, that isn't working the way I want you know :) it has to be every time different when you select something.

This just shows the thing you allready have coppied in your clipboard.

Greetz,

Neo

[center][font="Arial"]--- The Neo and Only --- [/font][font="Arial"]--Projects---[/font]Image to Text converterText to ASCII converter[/center]

• 5 years later...

Please do not necro 4 year old threads.

If you open a new thread you will get more attention and help!

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki