Terminal Server 2k3: Get a ProcessList for "This-TS-Session"?

Hi.

I'd like to get a PID list (array) for "This, currently running Terminal Server session":

I want to end all running programs prior disconnecting the TS-Session (I do not want to logout from the TS-Session, as a reconnect is far faster than a new TS-Session logon)

I found these two postings 1 and 2, but wanted to ask if there is a easier way to get the list of all processes belonging to "This TS-Session"?

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

For clarification: Do you want a list of all running proccess on a remote machine (the one you have an open terminal session with)?

No.

The script is running as a kind of "Prog-starter" for a given TS-Session in that TS-Session. Before disconnecting the TS-Session I want to terminate all programs opened within this TS-Session.

ProcessExists("SomeProgram.exe") is finding also the instances opened by other logons, from other TS-Sessions as well as from console login.

So what I'm looking for is some "Give me all programs started within THIS TS-Session".

Thanks for your answer,

regards, Rudi.

Bump.

Anybody out there with a simple way to get a list of "all process IDs, only of those programs startet within THIS TS-Session" ? (This user, this session ONLY)

Regards, Rudi.

Edited by rudi

• 6 months later...

Bumping once more: I need it again, no solution so far...

Anybody out there with a simple way to get a list of "all process IDs, only of those programs startet within THIS TS-Session" ? (This user, this session ONLY)

Regards, Rudi.

It looks like you will need to do a search on some WMI functions, and maybe google what you're looking for, and this will help. If you can get some more specific questions on the individual steps, you will probably get more help.

Thanks,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

It looks like you will need to do a search on some WMI functions, and maybe google what you're looking for, and this will help.

:) WMI, well, basically... all I know that this is an acronym for "Windows Management Instrumentation" o:)

In postings of other forum members I'm surprised again and again, what's possible to do using WMI. But I have really no clue at all how I should *FIND* these WMI tricks demonstrated in sample scripts.

If you can get some more specific questions on the individual steps, you will probably get more help.

The most specific question I can ask is:

How to I get a list of all processes,

1.) started by THIS user

2.) started within THIS TS-Session

... in any way, either with a direct Autoit buildin I've missed, or with WMI, or whatsoever :)

Regards