_Password()

AlmarM

Hello,

I made this little and simple but MAYBY usefull password function.

Password.au3

Func _Password($aPassword)
    $Pass = InputBox("Password", "Typ the password here.", "", "*")
    If ($Pass == $aPassword) Then
        MsgBox(64, "Correct", "You have entered the correct password!")
    Else
        MsgBox(16, "Wrong", "You have entered the wrong password!")
        Exit
    EndIf
EndFunc

-AlmarM-

Edited by AlmarM

Minesweeper

A minesweeper game created in autoit, source available.

_Mouse_UDF

An UDF for registering functions to mouse events, made in pure autoit.

2D Hitbox Editor

A 2D hitbox editor for quick creation of 2D sphere and rectangle hitboxes.

Nice script but the password is easy to get as we can decompile .exe and just take it :)

That's enough talk about decompiling.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

You can't decompile an exe. Can you?

Yes, actually we can. It would be good if you made a 25x protection inside the script, something that checks almost every other line to make sure people can't just simply remove a few lines or functions. Also, make sure the password is stored in the script a non-reversable way (using MD5), and fragmented so it's hard for someone to get the initial MD5.

Yes, actually we can. It would be good if you made a 25x protection inside the script, something that checks almost every other line to make sure people can't just simply remove a few lines or functions. Also, make sure the password is stored in the script a non-reversable way (using MD5), and fragmented so it's hard for someone to get the initial MD5.

Wow, I thought that you can't decompile anything.. Thanks.

code

Hehe, I said so... A simple and easy but MAYBY usefull password protection.

And you CANT decompile :)

Minesweeper

A minesweeper game created in autoit, source available.

_Mouse_UDF

An UDF for registering functions to mouse events, made in pure autoit.

2D Hitbox Editor

A 2D hitbox editor for quick creation of 2D sphere and rectangle hitboxes.

If this discussion about decompiling keeps up I will be waiting for the "Click". All of the regulars are aware that it is a forbidden topic.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I'm not saying you are being ignorant, but maybe you should do some research on the topic before you say something.

And I'm not saying this to encourage anyone to learn how to decompile. I am acting only in the interest of those who have considered using this.

You CAN decompile AutoIt "programs"; however, you CAN'T decompile programs written in a programming language into its original language (you can get the assembly, however). AutoIt is a scripting language - an interpreted language - thus it is never really "compiled" in the first place.

id also like to state, that if i read this correctly, it will not check if the password was entered in the correct case.

edit: or the chars individually

:) Replace: = with ==

Case sensitive:

$Pass = InputBox("Password", "Typ the password here.", "", "*")
    Else
        MsgBox(16, "Wrong", "You have entered the wrong password!")
        Exit
    EndIf
EndFunc

Scripts can be decompiled. At one time we provided a tool to do so. We no longer do so but there are those out there who have figured out how to decompile scripts.

So, use this at your own risk. This is only keeping the honest people honest because any mildly determined individual can gain access to the script exposing the password. That holds true for storing any sensitive data in a script.

Now, no more decompilation discussion.

General Concept expanded. Total number of possible tries is now 3. Added a time-out function (10seconds). MD5 is easy with the MD5 plugin posted a while back, but I wanted to keep it totally AutoIt. :)

password.au3

$try = 0
    While 1
        $Pass = InputBox("Password", "Type the password here.", "", "*M", -1, -1, -1, -1, 10)
        ElseIf @error = 1 or @error = 2 Then
            MsgBox(16, "Canceled", "Cancelled because timeout was reached, or cancel button was pressed.")
            Exit
        Else
            If $try = 2 Then
                MsgBox(16, "Wrong", "You have entered the wrong password more than 3 times!")
                Exit
            Else
                $try += 1
                If (3-$try) = 1 Then
                    $trytex = (3-$try) & " try left"
                Else
                    $trytex = (3-$try) & " tries left"
                EndIf
                MsgBox(16, "Wrong", "You have entered the wrong password! You have " & $trytex)
            EndIf
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc  ;==>_Password

• Moderators

Hmmmm. Many discousions about the decompile >.<

Yes, and you were asked by a developer/moderator two posts up not to mention it anymore. Since this is your thread, I'll flat out ask you specifically not to discuss it anymore, or we will lock this thread. Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.