Limiting Editing of ComboBox

Grax

I've populated a combo box with the necessary options to select from. Is there any way to may it so the user can selected any of the options but can not modify them, which effectively creates a new one?

Thanks,

Andrew

I've populated a combo box with the necessary options to select from. Is there any way to may it so the user can selected any of the options but can not modify them, which effectively creates a new one?

Thanks,

Andrew

for the "style" parameter, use:

$CBS_DROPDOWNLIST

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

Problem, this options doesn't allow you to scroll through all the options. One of my lists is nearly 100 long.

Thanks in Advance,

Andrew

Can't remember to whom the credit for this method goes, but this example should take care of it:

$combo = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 25, 225, 217, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $WS_VSCROLL))
GUICtrlSendMsg($combo,$CB_SETMINVISIBLE,15,0)

And just change out $combo with your combobox's variable

Edited by Monamo

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

Can't remember to whom the credit for this method goes, but this example should take care of it:

$combo = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 25, 225, 217, 25, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $WS_VSCROLL))
GUICtrlSendMsg($combo,$CB_SETMINVISIBLE,15,0)

And just change out $combo with your combobox's variable

This sets the drop down window size (Length), but it still doesn't allow scrolling. Setting to 100 or so is not practical.

Andrew

This sets the drop down window size (Length), but it still doesn't allow scrolling. Setting to 100 or so is not practical.

Andrew

Nevermind... I missed part of the code. Works great! :)