Transparency level on labels/gamma on images

I redid this post so it is a little clearer, solution preferences are in order.

1/ Is there a way to change the gamma level of an image?

2/ Is it possible to change the transparency level on a label like winsettrans? If not, is there some type of manipulation or workaround to achieve this?

3/ If those aren't possible, can I layer a gui on top my main gui, set that top gui to a certain level of transparency (NOT fully transparent), and click through it?

Edited by Champak

I redid this post so it is a little clearer, solution preferences are in order.

1/ Is there a way to change the gamma level of an image?

2/ Is it possible to change the transparency level on a label like winsettrans? If not, is there some type of manipulation or workaround to achieve this?

3/ If those aren't possible, can I layer a gui on top my main gui, set that top gui to a certain level of transparency (NOT fully transparent), and click through it?

1 Have a look at ImageMagic control with COM http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49065

2 Try $hwnd = ControlGetHandle ( "title", "text", controlID ) then once you have a Handle to the control see if you can use WinSetTrans($hwnd) (use $hwnd = GUICtrlGetHandle ( controlID ) if it's an AutoIt self made gui) Maybe???

I had more time to play with transparent labels, my suggested method above wont work as you probably know already.

See below code, You have to set a transparency level for each child gui which has controls in it or you won't see it at all!

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Local $gui, $background, $msg

$gui = GUICreate("Background", 400, 100)
; background picture
    $background = GUICtrlCreatePic(@SystemDir & "\oobe\images\mslogo.jpg", 0, 0, 400, 100)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

; transparent child window
    $LabelGui = GUICreate("", 120, 20, 260, 70, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED + $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $gui)
    $label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Transparent label",0,0,120,20)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

For $i = 1 to 255
        WinSetTrans($LabelGui,"",$i);You have to set a transparency regardless or the gui will be fully transparent and you wont see the label
        Sleep (5)
    Next
    For $i = 255 to 150 Step -1
        WinSetTrans($LabelGui,"",$i)
        Sleep (5)
    Next

Do
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()

Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Edited by ChrisL

Simplified as a UDF

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Local $gui, $background, $msg

$gui = GUICreate("Background", 400, 100)
; background picture
    $background = GUICtrlCreatePic(@SystemDir & "\oobe\images\mslogo.jpg", 0, 0, 400, 100)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

$label = _TransparentLabel($Gui,"Transparent label",260, 70,120, 20)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Do
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $Label[1] then Msgbox(0,"","You clicked the label")

Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

Func _TransparentLabel($GuiHwnd,$vText,$iXpos,$iYpos,$iWidth,$iHeight,$iStyle=-1,$iExtended=-1,$iTrans=150)

Local $ret[2]
    $ret[0] = GUICreate("", $iWidth, $iHeight, $iXpos, $iYpos, 0x80000000, 0x00080000 + 0x00000040, $GuiHwnd)
    $ret[1] = GUICtrlCreateLabel($vText,0,0,$iWidth,$iHeight,$iStyle,$iExtended)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW,$Ret[0])
    WinSetTrans($Ret[0],"",$iTrans)
    Return $ret

EndFunc

Edit: Included Styles option

Edited by ChrisL

Yeah, I've tried the transparent gui before, but that wont work for my needs. Thanks anyway. However, I am having a problem with registering the imagemagick dll. Did you use it, or you just came across it and pointed it out to me? If you did use it, did you use the compiled script on a different computer successfully? You can check out my post in the thread you pointed out to me.

Thanks.