CAD Comics Viewer

zackrspv

Ok, so I love this comic, and it's quite fun to follow, but sometimes I just hate going to the site. So, I created a little Gui for it. It only shows the image for the given date, and the next, back, first and latest links. Nothing else. So just the plain old single image page.

I was thinking about adding a dual view, to see 2 days at once, might be interesting.

Yes, I've written this out kinda odd, I know, but hey, it works, and I'm still learning haha. Well, I should say it works on XP PRO SP2 x64, XP PRO SP2 and Vista Ultimate X64 and x32.

Enjoy :)

ctrlaltdel.au3

cadComics.exe

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

Neat. I'm a huge comic fan and CAD is right up their on my favorites. Been reading it since tim did the first chef brian.

[size="1"]Please stop confusing "how to" with "how do"[/size]

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, that's a great viewer. I wanted to read the comic from the start, but it's annoying to have to keep track of where you left off. So I hope you don't mind I made some changes to your script.

It keeps track of the last comic you read, so every time you open the script, you keep reading where you left off. To do this it saves the address of the comic in a file at the same directory as the script.

Also, since I don't have a great internet connection it's a little slow to load the comics. Now, when you are viewing a comic it preloads the next one so when you click next it loads instantly.

If anyone could find it useful let me know, I can't seem to find how to attach files.

a neat viewer indeed. i would have done several things differently, especially because im very bad with stringexps. one thing i noticed while looking over your sourcecode was, that your "loading bar" was done in a hilarious way:

Sleep(Int(Random(5, 15)))

had to laugh a little bit. nothing personal :)

• 3 weeks later...

a neat viewer indeed. i would have done several things differently, especially because im very bad with stringexps. one thing i noticed while looking over your sourcecode was, that your "loading bar" was done in a hilarious way:

Sleep(Int(Random(5, 15)))

had to laugh a little bit. nothing personal :)

Ha! No worries, couldn't really figure out a good way to make it load as the image was loading with the commands the script is using lol. So now, it just randomly does crap hahaha

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

Thanks, that's a great viewer. I wanted to read the comic from the start, but it's annoying to have to keep track of where you left off. So I hope you don't mind I made some changes to your script.

It keeps track of the last comic you read, so every time you open the script, you keep reading where you left off. To do this it saves the address of the comic in a file at the same directory as the script.

Also, since I don't have a great internet connection it's a little slow to load the comics. Now, when you are viewing a comic it preloads the next one so when you click next it loads instantly.

If anyone could find it useful let me know, I can't seem to find how to attach files.

Oh no, any additions, changes, etc, no problems. To attach a file, just sign into your account, hit reply, and under the reply box you'll see an 'attachments' section, where you can browse and upload the file you want to attach.

I'd be interested to see your changes :)