sending ctrl-r

1. I have the following loop to send ctrl-r to active window, to make a browsed page refresh / update.

---

While 1

send ("{CTRLDOWN}")

send ("{r}")

send ("{CTRLUP}")

Sleep(1000)

WEnd

---

Is there a better syntax? I found several that are wrong, such as {^r}.

2. How could I send ctrl-r to a background window? I'd like to do other things in foreground. I don't yet understand how to get the title or handle for a window that I have not yet opened with a script.

BTW: The worst way to do it is have {CTRLDOWN} before the loop, not know that {CTRLUP} was needed, and find reboot was necessary. :idiot:

thnx

It's ^r I think, not {^r}.

Use ControlSendPlus for the background window thing, search around for the function.

Edited by Insolence
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

1. I have the following loop to send ctrl-r to active window, to make a browsed page refresh / update.

---

While  1

send ("{CTRLDOWN}")

send ("{r}")

send ("{CTRLUP}")

Sleep(1000)

WEnd

---

Is there a better syntax? I found several that are wrong, such as {^r}.

2. How could I send ctrl-r to a background window? I'd like to do other things in foreground. I don't yet understand how to get the title or handle for a window that I have not yet opened with a script.

BTW: The worst way to do it is have {CTRLDOWN} before the loop, not know that {CTRLUP} was needed, and find reboot was necessary.    :D

thnx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi :lol: i use this i hope this help you out) :idiot:

Send("^c")
Edited by DirtyBanditos

Thanks to both of you for fast and good responses.

BTW "ControlSendPlus" is not in HELP. Did you mean to search forum?

--

Yep, you did. Sorry.

Ok, found a few posts. But I am not interested in "Diablo II", or similar. Just want to send ctrl-r or other simple strings to background window, such as I now enjoy in foreground. I also need something that is well documented, or I will sink.

Edited by thimker

Thanks to both of you for fast and good responses.

BTW "ControlSendPlus" is not in HELP. Did you mean to search forum?

--

Yep, you did. Sorry.

Ok, found a few posts. But I am not interested in "Diablo II", or similar. Just want to send ctrl-r or other simple strings to background window, such as I now enjoy in foreground. I also need something that is well documented, or I will sink.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi look on The Autoit forum Gui.Beta or look in the Gui.au3 wat for Comand He have))^^ :D:lol:

Or Post your Probs on the Gui.Beta forum any look and help you out)

I go in my Bed cue :idiot:

Edited by DirtyBanditos

It isn't specific to Diablo II... there is a ton of documentation on it, let me link ya:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/pekster/pekster%27s%20scripting%20index.html

Comes with a nice help file and such.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

It isn't specific to Diablo II... there is a ton of documentation on it, let me link ya:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/pekster/pekster%27s%20scripting%20index.html

Comes with a nice help file and such.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aaah. Thank you. :idiot:

No problem ofcourse :idiot: