TrayTip(...) not working

I am currently making a different script, and I tried to use TrayTip(...) only to find it didn't work. It did nothing. So, I created another .au3 file to test out the function.

Opt("TrayIconHide", 0)
Sleep(100)
TrayTip("ROSE Online", "Script is starting. Press ESC key to terminate the loop, ending the script.", 5, 1)

The icon appears (allbeit for a brief second) and then disappears. There is no traytip.

Any ideas? Or am I not utilizing the function correctly?

Notice that the TrayTip documentation says that the "timeout" paramter is a rough estimate. AutoIt does not pause that amount of time, so if there are no other statements after TrayTip, the script exits....

Tray adding a Sleep(5000) at the very end of your script (like the example in the TrayTip docs).

Other notes: Make sure you are running Windows 2000/XP. Also, if you use a variable for the text parameter, make sure it it not an empty string:

TrayTip("This tray tip will never appear because the body is empty", "", 5)
Sleep(5000)
Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Notice that the TrayTip documentation says that the "timeout" paramter is a rough estimate.  AutoIt does not pause that amount of time, so if there are no other statements after TrayTip, the script exits....

Tray adding a Sleep(5000) at the very end of your script (like the example in the TrayTip docs).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did. Didn't work. So I added Sleep(50000) instead of 5000, still didn't work.

I think you are missing something...

Opt("TrayIconHide", 0)
Sleep(100)
TrayTip("ROSE Online", "Script is starting. Press ESC key to terminate the loop, ending the script.", 5, 1)
Sleep(2000)
Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?