NextFile selected is off

Greetings,

My first post! I have a directory with a bunch of sequentially numbered .txt files, for example "C:\Myfile1, Myfile2, Myfile3...Myfile96). I'm using the FileFindFirstFile and FileFindNextFile commands to search the file for the first file and each thereafter because I want to rename and move each file into another directory location.

My issue is that the files are not being found/selected in the proper order exactly. For example the commands will process in the following order:

Myfile39, Myfile4, Myfile40, Myfile41

Myfile49, Myfile5, Myfile50, Myfile51...etc

Thus files numbered 1-9 are chosen out of sequence. I hope that you get the idea, how can I "force" the commands to read in the correct order? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks, I'm new to AutoIt so I'm not sure I fully understand. I should do:

#Include <File.au3>

#Include <Array.au3>

$FileList=_FileListToArray("C:\SegFiles\BACKS\") //work with files in this Directory

_ArraySort($FileList) //sort the array in ascending order

correct?

Sorry to be a bother, but I'm using the following code to do the sort but the files are still being processed in the incorrect order as before...

#Include <File.au3>

#Include <Array.au3>

$FileList=_FileListToArray("C:\SegFiles\BACKS\")

;sort the array in ascending order

_ArraySort($FileList)

; Shows the filenames of all files in the current directory.

$search = FileFindFirstFile("C:\SegFiles\BACKS\*.txt")

...do stuff to each file here

;go to next file in Directory to repeat process

$file = FileFindNextFile($search)

I think the problem is your Sorting the $FileList , but use the $search = FileFindFirstFile() to move trough the the files. You should do something with $FileList if you want to use the array aproach.

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>

_ArraySort($FileList)
For $i = 0 To UBound($FileList) -1
    ;do Something with $FileList[$i]
Next
+==================================================================+| The Definition of Madness: Creating a GUI, with GUI automation scripts |+==================================================================+

$string = "test"
$string = "0" & $string

+==================================================================+| The Definition of Madness: Creating a GUI, with GUI automation scripts |+==================================================================+

BTW keen observation there Hubertus72 :)

Edited by Prophet

Thanks for the replies. Am I supposed to "manually" rename the files numbered 1-9? Is there a way to insert the "0" before each number in the file name?

Tada!

#include <File.au3>
#include <string.au3>
For $i = 0 To UBound($FileList) -1
    For $j=1 To StringLen($FileList[$i])
        If StringMid($FileList[$i],$j,1)*2<>0 Then
            FileMove("C:\SegFiles\BACKS\"&$FileList[$i],"C:\SegFiles\BACKS\"&_StringInsert($FileList[$i],"0",$j-1))
            ContinueLoop
        EndIf
    Next
Next

:)

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Thanks for the replies. Hubertus72 I need to do some things to the files after they are put into the new Directory, they need to be taken into another program as input and then once processed there data will need to be written into a text file with the information in the correct order...so the proper sequence will be important to me.