SciTe Au3 abbreviations?

While I'm not too experienced with AutoIt, I'm quite impressed with the editor capability. I've been trying to explore the various facilities in the SciTe edition included with the latest release of AutoIt (which is the only version I have). So I was reading about the abbreviations and tried to use the sample but nothing happens.

e.g. while editing a au3 script which is properly highlighted, I type in

but|

and press spacebar

and nothing happens.

Anybody know what's wrong?

Thanks.

• Developers

The spacebar option is something that we added to the full version of SciTe4AutoIt3 and requires the installation of the separate installer.

Ctrl+B is the out-of-the-box option.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The spacebar option is something that we added to the full version of SciTe4AutoIt3 and requires the installation of the separate installer.

Jos

Thanks, I should have mentioned that had I tried that too without success.

I will try putting in the full version.

Jos

I renamed the existing AutoIt\SciTe folder then downloaded and unzipped SciTE4AutoIt3.zip into AutoIt\SciTe (retaining folder structure.) Didn't help. Says the zip has all the exe's files - do you think running the exe would do something different?

• Developers

are you using a file saved with an .au3 extension ?

EDIT: Have you copied the abbrev.properties files to the correct directory ? (or just simply use the installer :) )

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Maybe you want:

but

and press spacebar.....?

RW Baker

Thanks!

:) Working finally. Had by now installed with the installer with no joy. I thought it needed a vertical bar to say where you wanted the cursor to be after expansion. :)