Can I hire someone to make me a script?

I need someone to make me a script. It needs to do the following:

1. A user needs to be able to add a serial code and hit the enter key from a screen.

2. The script needs to take that serial code and compare it to other serial codes in a database and play a specific movie file unique to that serial code. If the serial code is not in the database I need the script to display an error that disappears after 3 seconds. Like "Could not find that serial code in the database".

3. After the movie is done playing I need the program to go back to a user prompt that can accept a new serial code with out having to hit tab or click on something so the user can start entering information.

4. After a few minutes I need all the movie files to start playing back to back in a screen saver fashion until a user enters a new serial code and so on and so on.

5. When compile I would like it impossible to uncompile it. If I need to make changes to the script I can reference the source and recompile from it.

Please email me at Parks.walker@gmail.com or post a reply here or call me (616)690-0134. My name is Parks.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

I need someone to make me a script. It needs to do the following:

1. A user needs to be able to add a serial code and hit the enter key from a screen.

2. The script needs to take that serial code and compare it to other serial codes in a database and play a specific movie file unique to that serial code. If the serial code is not in the database I need the script to display an error that disappears after 3 seconds. Like "Could not find that serial code in the database".

3. After the movie is done playing I need the program to go back to a user prompt that can accept a new serial code with out having to hit tab or click on something so the user can start entering information.

4. After a few minutes I need all the movie files to start playing back to back in a screen saver fashion until a user enters a new serial code and so on and so on.

5. When compile I would like it impossible to uncompile it. If I need to make changes to the script I can reference the source and recompile from it.

Please email me at Parks.walker@gmail.com or post a reply here or call me (616)690-0134. My name is Parks.

Well i hope someone can help you out, i cannot as i do not know enough about what your trying to accomplish, but i hope you don't have to hire someone. Maybe a generous soul will just show you the way :).

...will never learn all there is to know about autoit, no worries...i came to the forums :)

If you were willing to put a bit of effort into this yourself, I'm sure the people here would be more than happy to help for free (or perhaps an Autoit donation if you feel so inclined).

However, if this is strictly a consignment coding job, I'd say you would be much better off going here:

http://www.rentacoder.com

Edited by Paulie

If you were willing to put a bit of effort into this yourself, I'm sure the people here would be more than happy to help for free (or perhaps an Autoit donation if you feel so inclined).

However, if this is strictly a consignment coding job, I'd say you would be much better off going here:

http://www.rentacoder.com

More specifically, http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/Softw...uthorId=2178829

:)

I appreciate the advice and maybe I can get a final answer to my questions before the weekend. Here is what I have so far, database.txt has from "1 to many" lines of text that look like the following:

12345;avi12345.avi
234562345;avi2.avi
3456789032423;video27904.avi

Here is my code so far. I am close to finishing it but I dont know enough to get it done.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
Global $Paused
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "TogglePause")
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate")
Global $user_input

$Form1 = GUICreate("Scan Barcode", 150, 22, 1, 1); creats a GUI window (Width, Height, Left, Top,)
$edit_field = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 0, 0, 148, 21); ( "text", left, top , width , height)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW); shows the GUI window? Found reference to @SW_HIDE

; ############################ Check for Database.txt ############################## tested
Func Start_Script()
Local $f_in = @ScriptDir & "\database.txt"; search for and scan database.txt for validity
        $fh_in = FileOpen($f_in, 0) 
        If $fh_in = -1 Then; Check if file opened for reading OK
            MsgBox(0, "Error 1", "Can't find database.txt.") 
            exit;
        EndIf 
EndFunc
; ############################ End Check for database.txt ################################

; ############################ Get User Input #################################### tested
While 1; loop to get Gui msg
    WinActivate("Barcode.exe"); Makes Barcode.exe the active window
    $msg= GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $msg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $edit_field
            $user_input = GUICtrlRead($edit_field); set $user_input to information entered by the user
    EndSwitch
WEnd
; ############################ End Get User Input #####################################

; ############################ Import info from database.txt ##############################

Func Compare_Barcode()
While 1
Local $f_in = @ScriptDir & "\database.txt"; look for database.txt and assign it to $f_in
    $fh_in = FileOpen($f_in, 0); open database.txt and read the first line
    $line = FileReadLine($fh_in); set $line = first line of database.txt
        If @error = -1 Then 
            MsgBox(4096, "Error 2", "Can't find barcode:" $user_input, 3000); display error and wait 3 seconds
            Close 
            Call(Start_Script)
        ElseIf StringInStr($line, ";") = $user_input Then 
            ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "\avi" & $Avi_File)
            Exit; I need help from here down or at least to be pointed in the right direction.
        EndIf
WEnd
EndFunc
; ############################ End Import from database.txt ##############################

Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        sleep(100)
        ToolTip('Script is "Paused"',0,0)
    WEnd
    ToolTip("")
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

The part I need help with is in "Import info from database.txt". When I compile the script I get a window with a text box and I can enter a code and hit enter and I have made it display a msgbox that showed what the user inputed. What I need to do is set $user_input to whatever the user entered in the window. I dont think the program is doing this now.

The order of events should be:

1. Make a window that asks for a user input

2. Check to see if database.txt exists

3. Set the program window to the current active window and get users input. Also set $user_input to the users input data

4. Get the database.txt file and compare the first part of each line to the $user_input value and:

a) if it doesnt match then read the next line and compare it until there are no more lines in database.txt. If there are no more lines in database.txt then display an error that will auto disappear in 3 seconds and the barcode.exe window is once again made the active window ready for user input.

:) if it does match then take the name of the avi file behind that code and play it in windows media player and maximize the screen until the file is done playing. After that is done I want media player to close and the barcode.exe window to be the active window again ready for another user input.

5. If no one has entered any input for 4 minutes then I want all the avi files to start playing maximized in windows media player back to back until a user inputs another code.

That's it. I think I am having a problem with declaring global and local variables. Can someone help me?

Edited by computergroove

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

Is your database automatically created by another program?

If not - you might consider building an ini file:

[AviCodes]
12345=avi12345.avi
234562345=avi2.avi
3456789032423=video27904.avi

Add this piece of code into your script at its proper place and test it (specify the ini file first).

Case $edit_field
            $user_input = GUICtrlRead($edit_field); set $user_input to information entered by the user
            If IniRead("your ini file here", "AviCodes", $user_input, "no entry") = "no entry" Then
                MsgBox(16, "Code not found", "The code you entered "&$user_input&" was not found in the database",3)
            Else 
                ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "\avi" & IniRead("your ini file here", "AviCodes", $user_input, "no entry"))
                Exit; I need help from here down or at least to be pointed in the right direction.
            EndIf

You can get rid of your Compare_Barcode() function after this.

Edited by enaiman

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

OK I changed it but what should my barcode.ini file look like?

Case $edit_field
            If IniRead("barcode.ini", "AviCodes", $user_input, "no entry") = "no entry" Then
                MsgBox(16, "Code not found", "The code you entered "&$user_input&" was not found in the database",3)
            Else
                ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "\avi" & IniRead("barcode.ini", "AviCodes", $user_input, "no entry"))
            EndIf

Is there a way to prevent people from opening the ini file and changing it?

Edited by computergroove

Up in my post I have included a sample of the ini file.

[AviCodes]

12345=avi12345.avi

234562345=avi2.avi

3456789032423=video27904.avi

And about modifying: an ini file is easy to modify as a text file is.

You can encrypt/decrypt the ini file - it doesn't need a too complex encryption - just to make it "not a piece of cake".

Edited by enaiman

Read the file in a string (FileRead) then use _StringEncrypt and write the result to a new file.

Look for these commands in the Help file.

One of the first things your script will do, will be to decrypt the file, write the decrypted content to a temporary file (it doesn't need to have a conventional name or an extension) then use that file during the script execution. Just before exiting the script delete that file.

Sorry, I know this is a little off subject, but:

Why not read the inifile from another source, ie: FTP server, so you may edit it whenever you need, but the file will never be on the persons computer

And

Why would I enter a serial number if I could just wait 4 minutes and watch the movie for free (assuming you're charging for a serial number)

And if you are charging for a serial number, maybe also have the Avi's on an FTP to play from?

children may smile; the wise ponder- Dr. Holmes of Hardvard Medical School on an Ether BingeLove Makes The World Go Round?So does five shots of tequila. What's your point?[quote name='Valik' date='Jun 5 2008, 05:13 PM']wraithdu, 24 hours. Said I have a bad attitude, just driving the point home with a ban.[/quote]This is classic. :)