Radical 2 BETA

CoderDunn

Radical 3 is in development. Go to http://coderdunn.com/ and click "Projects" for more information.

Current Version: 0.5.4.0 (OUTDATED)

Radical 2 is designed to be a simple, yet powerfull administration tool for a small lab of computers (2 - 25 machines). The server is written in C# to take advantage of multi threading, while the client is written in AutoIt3 for simplicity, and compatibility. Radical 2 is in it's beta stages so there are probably a lot of kinks to work out. If you encounter any bugs please let me know so I can fix them! Also, let me know of any features you think should be added.

Current Features:

• Works over LAN or the internet
  • Display System Information
  • View a client's processes, close many processes simultaneously
  • Quickly capture and view a screenshot from a client
  • Explore, Execute, Download, and Upload a clients files.
ToDo:

• Finish the File Explorer tab
  • Make a plugin system so features can easily be added
  • Create a options form on the server
  • Client Remote Control of mouse and keyboard
  • Add many more commands to the console
  • Create an installer for the server and client
  • Make the client and server run as a service

Download: Radical_2.zip

And for those of you that want to see the server's source code (OLD VERSION):

Server_Source.rar

Note: You need Visual C# 2008 to compile the server. You can get it Here (The green one)

Changelog:

CODE

7/04/2008

=== Version 0.5.4.0 (RELEASED) ===

- Removed: Pic Control from the "View Screen" tab

- Changed: Clicking "View Screen" now opens a new window titled "Screen Viewer" to view the screenshot

- Changed: The "Screen Viewer" is now resizable

- Added: Auto-Refresh feature to the "Screen Viewer"

- Added: Shrink to Fit option to the "Screen Viewer"

- Added: View Screen Quality option to the "Options" window in the "Client Settings" tab

- Fixed: The "Screen Viewer" now only updates when it is the active window

7/04/2008

=== Version 0.5.3.0 (RELEASED) ===

- (Hopefully) Fixed: Major bug where packets would be partially received during heavy communication

7/03/2008

=== Version 0.5.2.0 (RELEASED) ===

- Added: Controls to the Options form

---- Run on system startup

---- Start Hidden

---- Timestamp Console messaged

---- Port number

---- Listen IP

- Added: Functions to read/write settings settings to and from the XML settings file

- Changed: Server no longer refuses to start if settings file is missing.

- Changed: Server (unfortunatly) now requires administrator rights so it can access the registry

- Changed: If the server is blocked by your fire wall, it will retry 3 times before displaying the "Error creating listening socket" error

- Changed: The "Display Message Box" command's title and icon

- Fixed: The "Display Message Box" command no longer pauses the client until the message box is closed

7/02/2008

=== Version 0.5.1.0 ===

- Added: Options Dialog, "Scheduled Tasks" and "Plugins" tabs.

- Fixed: The server's main form no longer flashes on the screen when ran with the /silent command parameter

- Fixed: Typo (thanks JamesB)

- Changed: The settings file is now in in the XML format

- Changed: The Disconnect and Shutdown buttons now have better titles

7/01/2008

=== Version 0.5.0.0 (RELEASED) ===

- Added: Single instance check for server

- Changed: "Are you sure?" message box titles to "Radical 2 Server"

- Changed: File transfer connections no longer appear in the client list

- Changed: File transfers no longer use the standard notifications in the console

Screenshots:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Hallman

Just compiled your server in VS2008, and I have to say nice work!

Maybe add the settings.ini file if it does not exists as it refused to start without the file.

C# seems like a nice language, I'm considering starting programming in it.

:)

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

Just compiled your server in VS2008, and I have to say nice work!

Maybe add the settings.ini file if it does not exists as it refused to start without the file.

C# seems like a nice language, I'm considering starting programming in it.

:)

Thanks :) The code is a bit messy but I'm still fairly new new to C#. It is a good language, and it's much easier than C++ (at least for me). Only downside is it takes a while to start up for the first time because C# code is not fully compiled. When you run a C# application for the first time, it compiles the rest of itself based on your computer and operating system using the JIT (Just In Time Compiler). After that, it runs smoothly.

~ Hallman

EDIT: You can find a simple C# tutorial here: http://www.csharp-station.com/Tutorial.aspx

Edited by Hallman

Great work hallman amazed with your work

Iv'e finished most of the File Explorer. All I have left is downloading/uploading files. Sounds easy, but I want to do it in a way so that the client isn't stuck in a loop (unable to recieve commands) until the file transfer is completed. I'm thinking of having the client run itself again with command parameters. Expect an update in a few days.

Edited by Hallman

----------- Update June 7th 2008 -----------

Sorry for late reply but it's finals in college and I've been busy

• Fixed a few bugs
  • Many internal improvements server side
  • File Explorer tab completed with downloading/uploading files
  • Client Status system to prevent commands sent to the client while it's "busy" (EX: uploading a screenshot)
  • Pings auto refresh every 5 seconds

Screenshots of files being downloaded/uploaded:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't understand why but (as you can see from the screenshots) uploading files to a client runs about 2X faster than downloading a file to the server.

~ Hallman

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it is possible, but it's not practical. The server originally was written in AutoIt3, but I had to make everything more complicated than it needed to be to get things working right, and it still ran no where near as well as my C# version. I can post the AutoIt server if you want, but it's incomplete and has a few problems. AutoIt is great don't get me wrong, it's just not powerfull enough to make the server I want.

~ Hallman

This is AMAZING Hallman. This should also need like, allow to move mouse, click, like the actual computer is on your screen. If that cannot be done, maybe allow to send keystrokes, or run programs on the other computer beside IE.

Wow Nice Work :)

Idea : Maybe A System That Could Let U View A Video Of The Clients Screen :P

That would be a great idea, but would you please not capitalize every word... :P

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

Hmm, Recieved an error, while on running the Client on another computer, and accessing the C:\ drive. As the messagebox error stated to take a screenshot, I have. It is attached below. (error.bmp)

EDIT: Found another error while browsing the Client's WINDOWS folder. (error2.bmp)

EDIT: Guess there both the same error.

Edited by JasonB