Error's

There should not be any "scripting errors", for COM errors you can register an error handler...

... So, what type of errors are you talking about?

8)

I mean any error that would cause a popup message saying Autoit Error blah blah blah followed by the process closing and the script/program no longer running. i have a fairly solid script it doesnt have any error's when i run it on my computer but how can i be sure it wont when someone else runs it. if you get what i mean.

I mean any error that would cause a popup message saying Autoit Error blah blah blah followed by the process closing and the script/program no longer running. i have a fairly solid script it doesnt have any error's when i run it on my computer but how can i be sure it wont when someone else runs it. if you get what i mean.

There should not be any, however, only continually testing the script will tell for sure!

8)

NEWHeader1.png

I see, when a compiled script does have an error, is the error title the same for all error's or does it change for specific things? iam thinking if i have a separate proccess that simply check's for the window title of an autoit error message and when or if it occurs it closes that window restarts the main program but then also displays a message to contact me about the problem? sort of like haveing custom error messages or a custom error routines. Instead of just displaying an Autoit error that the user while more than likely have no clue about and shutting itself down?

Edited by uplink477

I see, when a compiled script does have an error, is the error title the same for all error's or does it change for specific things? iam thinking if i have a separate proccess that simply check's for the window title of an autoit error message and when or if it occurs it closes that window restarts the main program but then also displays a message to contact me about the problem? sort of like haveing custom error messages or a custom error routines. Instead of just displaying an Autoit error that the user while more than likely have no clue about and shutting itself down?

There is a process watcher in my signature below.

If the main script is closed or killed then the watcher will relaunch the main script.

But you must read the script carefully you need to have a method which closes the watcher when you really want to exit the script. Also the script must be compiled!

There is a process watcher in my signature below.

If the main script is closed or killed then the watcher will relaunch the main script.

But you must read the script carefully you need to have a method which closes the watcher when you really want to exit the script. Also the script must be compiled!

that is sorta where i want to head. but i doesnt really check for errors. that is what iam trying to achieve not just restart the program. because if a program does have an error it isnt going to close till the error message is acknowlaged

I wrote a function that does something similair for a p2p app. If the p2p isn't running it checks for error window for the application. It closes the error window and restarts the p2p app, but user will problably see the error unless you check for errors every second or so. If you want I can post the script when i get home.

+==================================================================+| The Definition of Madness: Creating a GUI, with GUI automation scripts |+==================================================================+