Using @ScriptDir with ControlSend

Ices

It's supposed to be a semicolon???

Are you confusing the two?

Colon = :

Semicolon = ;

Paths traditionally (in my experience) use colons.

C:\windows\

Not

C;\windows\

*Edit*

Not sure what could be causing the problem (if indeed it is a problem) but you could probably use StringReplace() to fix it.

Edited by Saunders

It's supposed to be a semicolon???

Are you confusing the two?

Colon = :

Semicolon = ;

Paths traditionally (in my experience) use colons.

C:\windows\

Not

C;\windows\

*Edit*

Not sure what could be causing the problem (if indeed it is a problem) but you could probably use StringReplace() to fix it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I confused the two, sorry. Been scripting for like 8 hours now and things are starting to blur, heh. anyways, when it calls the scriptdir, it comes up c;\, not c:\, any ideas?

I would wager that it has something to do with the shift key. As we all know, the colon is a semicolon with the shift key held down. Maybe it's sending a shift key along with a colon, and it sorta doubles itself out and becomes a semicolon? Or maybe it's supposed to send a semicolon with a shift key, but it's not...

Sorry for only speculation. It's late and I'm not at home so I'm trying to kill time until I get tired and sleep. :idiot:

when I use @ScriptDir with ControlSend, it sends a colon instead of a semicolon, anyone know how to fix this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are sending characters to a Command Prompt window, you will find that ControlSend only sends the non-shift characters. Many of us have experienced this problem, but there is no mention of it in the help file. But there is a solution. Search this forum for ControlSendPlus, find the download from pekster, and use the ControlSendPlus function instead. You will need the #include statement to include this UDF in your script.

Phillip

If you are sending characters to a Command Prompt window, you will find that ControlSend only sends the non-shift characters.  Many of us have experienced this problem, but there is no mention of it in the help file.  But there is a solution.  Search this forum for ControlSendPlus, find the download from pekster, and use the ControlSendPlus function instead.  You will need the #include statement to include this UDF in your script.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for all the help, controlsendplus works great :idiot: