Remove Ads

there is a file in windows dir called HOSTS (with no extension)

just add this line for each banner you want to remove: "120.0.0.1 the banner's url without http:// prefix"

so for example add "127.0.0.1 ad.bannernetwork.it" and banners form ad.bannernetwork.it will be ridirected to 120.0.0.1 which is you!

:)

Edited by torels

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

@ torels

And the banner would not be displayed? Any other ways ? Because i want the banner to be REPLACED with the AD BLOCKED text.

@ TomT3

You still dont understand , said in my 3rd post.. ANY WAYS to do in IE ?

from the autoit helpfile

Remarks

You may use _IEBodyReadHTML to read the current HTML contents of the document body, manipulat that string and then write it back with _IEBodyWriteHTML. You may also use _IEDocInsertHTML, _IEDocInsertText and the innerHTML, innerText, outerHTML and outerText features of _IEPropertyGet and _IEPropertySet to control specific elements without rewriting large blocks of text.

from the autoit helpfile

Umm.. those might works.. But only in Embedded browser (self-created browser instead of IE).. I 'would like to program a script that will read the current accessed webpage in IE and read the HTML , replace the ads (e.g. : ad.yieldmanager.com) with a image.