System Tray app

hello,

I've been looking around at the forum, but I can't seem to find anything that explains what I'm looking for.

I want to create a systemtray app, that opens a browser when it's clicked and goes to a pre-specified url.

But I don't know how to create a system-tray application with autoIT and can't find anything about it either. :)

The most that I found was that it is supposed to be made with the GUI functions, but that's all.

Can anyone explain some more about this?

Thanks in advance!

[font="Verdana"]I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.[/font]

I want to create a systemtray app, that opens a browser when it's clicked and goes to a pre-specified url.

The most that I found was that it is supposed to be made with the GUI functions, but that's all.

You won't need GUI functions specifically for a tray-based app. The key functions of note would be TrayCreateItem() and TrayCreateMenu().

TrayCreateItem will be used for each "action" click, whereas TrayCreateMenu would allow you to group menus (or submenus) to categorize your tasks.

Here's a quick and dirty example:

Opt("TrayMenuMode",1)
$menuWeb = TrayCreateMenu("Web")
$menuitemGoogle = TrayCreateItem("Google",$menuWeb)
TrayCreateItem("")
$menuitemExit = TrayCreateItem("Exit")

TraySetState()
While 1
    $tMsg = TrayGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $tMsg = $menuitemExit
            Exit
        Case $tMsg = $menuitemGoogle
            ShellExecute("http://www.google.com")
    EndSelect
WEnd

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

hello,

I've been looking around at the forum, but I can't seem to find anything that explains what I'm looking for.

But I don't know how to create a system-tray application with autoIT and can't find anything about it either. :)

Can anyone explain some more about this?

Thanks in advance!

All about this is guided in AutoIt help File, Function Reference\Tray Functions. Try it.

thanks, both.

I think I get it now. :)

EDIT:

can you also tell me, where I can find more info about sending a HTTP package to a specific address without opening a browser?

EDIT2:

looks like there is another topic, where I can watch for the answer :)

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=72461

Edited by RobertK

[font="Verdana"]I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.[/font]