ip of user

tamir

If mine doesnt work, then JS's doesnt work either. It returns the exact same IP.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL I just couldnt get it to return because of the .org. That website wouldnt even come up in my browser. I am not attacking your script. It looks good.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Can someone tell me how to get this to work?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You might also want to write danasoft because their little signature pics record proxies not the real thing.

Edited by b14ck

-I am the giver of life and the bringer of death.

I must say; for a person who supposedly is a "hacker" you don't know very much. If this is part of your "forcing programs onto other people's computers" projects then you have overstepped it by a long shot. Search: sniff

-I am the giver of life and the bringer of death.

FOR EXAMPLE:

When I Run

FileOpen( "test.txt", 2)
FileWrite( "test.txt" , _GetIp())
FileClose( "test.txt" )
Func _GetIP()
    Local $ip
    If InetGet("http://www.google.com", "ip.tmp") Then
        $ip = FileReadLine("ip.tmp")
        FileDelete("ip.tmp")
        Return $ip
    Else
        SetError(1)
        Return -1
    EndIf
EndFunc

I get the following a text file

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"><title>Google</title><style><!--
can u please help why it does this, is it because it's saposta be whatismyip.org to get you own ip, can't u use @ipaddress1?

edit: Ohhh I think I see it, the whatismyip.org retrieves then NON proxied ip of the person then returns the ip. What I don;'t know is how they do it because I tried to get the source and it was a text file......... I can use this in my chat program, you will be added to credits...

Edited by AutoIt Smith

For you folks that don't have internet access you could use the PING command by querying the target PC by it's @ComputerName and get the IP address it is broadcasting on a network.

I use the @MyDocumentsDir for temporary storage of the myIP.txt file incase the user's account on the target PC is not an administrator or a power user account type.

Check out the PING command to understand the "-a" and "-n 1" switches.

; MyIP - Displays the IP address broadcasted by a target PC

Local $strcomputer,$ip

$strcomputer = @computername

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /C Ping -a -n 1 " & $strcomputer & "> _ myIP.txt",@MyDocumentsDir, @SW_HIDE)

$ip = FileRead(@MyDocumentsDir & "\myIP.txt", FileGetSize(@MyDocumentsDir _ & "\myIP.txt"))

FileDelete(@MyDocumentsDir & "\myIP.txt")

$ip = StringTrimLeft($ip, StringInStr($ip, "["))

$ip = StringLeft($ip, StringInStr($ip, "]")-1)

MsgBox(0,"" & $strcomputer & " IP:", "" & $ip)

; End Script

Oh no, i didnt even take it that way or try to sound like i took it that way.

So the site doesnt work in your browser - but can autoit get to it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um... I never checked to see :idiot:, but maybe it can. I wasnt sure how you took my comment, I am glad you are coo about everything though :-D. Never can tell online.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

FOR EXAMPLE:

When I Run

FileOpen( "test.txt", 2)
FileWrite( "test.txt" , _GetIp())
FileClose( "test.txt" )
Func _GetIP()
    Local $ip
    If InetGet("http://www.google.com", "ip.tmp") Then
        $ip = FileReadLine("ip.tmp")
        FileDelete("ip.tmp")
        Return $ip
    Else
        SetError(1)
        Return -1
    EndIf
EndFunc

I get the following a text file

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"><title>Google</title><style><!--
can u please help why it does this, is it because it's saposta be whatismyip.org to get you own ip, can't u use @ipaddress1?

edit: Ohhh I think I see it, the whatismyip.org retrieves then NON proxied ip of the person then returns the ip.  What I don;'t know is how they do it because I tried to get the source and it was a text file......... I can use this in my chat program, you will be added to credits...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Smith... I am guessing you finally used my _GetIP() function right? I am not sure of any errors the other may cause. Mine only gets the publically displayed IP, so if you are looking for something deeper then possibly need to do something else.

The only way I see the above script you have working is if the first and only line of the HTML file is an IP address. I havent ever seen an HTML file that started with the content first so I still have yet to see how that would work really.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links