How would I _IEAction this?

It’s kinda hard to explain but there’s a button I want to _IEAction click but it’s not exactly on the pages source code.

The source code had:

<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/xxxx.js"></script>

the www.url.com/jscripts/xxxx.js has:

o.innerHTML += "<div class='ab'><input type=submit onclick='a.c.value=30' name='submit' value='submit' ></div>";

How would I click that?

I’ve tried: (and 20+ other ways)

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate ("the url”)
$oIE2 = _IEAttach ("the title", "embedded") 
$oQuery = _ _IEGetObjByName ($oIE2, " submit ")

_IEAction ($oQuery, "click")
_IELoadWait ($oIE)

But I get:

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3 (4088) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:

If IsObj($aRet[4]) Then

If IsObj($aRet^ ERROR

->00:52:37 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1

I’m thankful for everyone’s help on my other topic and I know it seems like I'm needy and not trying to figure stuff out my self but I really am and I’m out of things to try. Any pointers would be nice.

Edited by Orgins

I'm a newbie.Sorry if I don't reposed to your replays very fast.

Its kinda hard to explain but theres a button I want to _IEAction click but its not exactly on the pages source code.

You don't click the source or the script that created the element in a web page, you click on the element itself in the browser's document AFTER it is rendered. Get an object reference to the input named "submit" from the rendered page, and then click that.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Suggest you install and use DebugBar (see my sig) that will show you the rendered page structure.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

@Valuater thinks but thats one of the first ones I tried.

K I used the DeBugBar and the button I want to push is:

<INPUT onclick=formObj.c.value=11 type=submit value="submit ">

and one up:

<DIV class="p3 ce ab"><INPUT onclick=formObj.c.value=11 type=submit value="submit "></DIV>

There's no Id or name how would I get a object reference?

@Valuater thinks but thats one of the first ones I tried.

K I used the DeBugBar and the button I want to push is:

<INPUT onclick=formObj.c.value=11 type=submit value="submit ">

and one up:

<DIV class="p3 ce ab"><INPUT onclick=formObj.c.value=11 type=submit value="submit "></DIV>

There's no Id or name how would I get a object reference?

You've already seen this. If it's in a form, reference the form first, then _IEFormElementGetObjByName() to get the reference to the input, then _IEAction() on the input element.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

But it doesn't have a name or Id.

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate ("the url”)

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, "a") <-is the only form

$oQuery = _ _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, " submit ") <---what do I use as the name?

_IELoadWait ($oIE)

--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Warning from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_NoMatch

--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Error from function _IEAction, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType

Sorry I'm thick.

Edited by Orgins

But it doesn't have a name or Id.

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate ("the url)

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, "a") <-is the only form

$oQuery = _ _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, " submit ") <---what do I use as the name?

_IELoadWait ($oIE)

--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Warning from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_NoMatch

--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Error from function _IEAction, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType

Sorry I'm thick.

Nope. My mistake, I thought I read name = "Submit" there. Sorry for the misdirection.

Get the collection of "Input" tags with _IETagNameGetCollection(), then loop through the collection to find $oInput.value = "submit".

$colInputs = _IETagNameGetCollection($oForm, "Input")
For $oInput In $colInputs
    If $oInput.value = "submit" Then
        _IEAction($oInput, "click")
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next

Edit: Fixed YASM (Yet Another Stupid Mistake).

Edited by PsaltyDS

Where's the $oSubmit (its undeclared) come from? I tried

$oSubmit = $oInput 
        _IEAction($oSubmit, "click")
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next

No errors but it doesn't click the button.

/e thinks for helping.

Edited by Orgins

Where's the $oSubmit (its undeclared) come from? I tried

$oSubmit = $oInput 
        _IEAction($oSubmit, "click")
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next

No errors but it doesn't click the button.

/e thinks for helping.

That's a mistake, and should be _IEAction($oInput, "click"). I originally had $oSubmit = $oInput, and the the click outside the loop, but simplified it without fixing the variable name.

Also suggest using:

If String($oInput.value) = "submit" Then

If you don't force String and .value happens to be Null, it returns numeric 0... and surprise! (If 0 = "submit") evaluates to True

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

If String($oInput.value) = "submit" Then does the same as If $oInput.value = "submit" Then. No errors but doesn't click the submit button.

Thinks for the help (everyone) I'm going reread/redo/retry everything maybe I missed something.

K I've reread/redone/retried everything I can think of.

Any suggestions? Even if you don't think it'll work I'm willing to try it.

K I've reread/redone/retried everything I can think of.

Any suggestions? Even if you don't think it'll work I'm willing to try it.

Have you verified that you are finding the object, but clicking is not working? For example:
    If String($oInput.value) = "submit" Then
        _IEAction($oInput, "click")
        MsgBox(64, "Click", "Just clicked on 'submit'")
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next

It's important to know if you are not finding the input object, or the click action is not triggering the response expected.

If you get the valid object and "click" is not working then maybe you could try Dale's second example under _IEAction():

; *******************************************************
; Example 2 - Same as Example 1, except instead of using click, give the element focus
;              and then use ControlSend to send Enter.  Use this technique when the
;              browser-side scripting associated with a click action prevents control
;              from being automatically returned to your code.
; *******************************************************
;
#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IE_Example ("form")
$oSubmit = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE, "submitExample")
$hwnd = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd")
_IEAction ($oSubmit, "focus")
ControlSend($hwnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]", "{Enter}")