"Need to change au3.properties: BETA_AUTOIT = 0" ?

Hi,

not sure if this is the right place...

After having deinstalled the older version of AutoIt and the recent beta I installed the brandnew version. Now I get always "Need to change au3.properties: BETA_AUTOIT = 0" when opening SciTE. Even when having made that line into a comment this still happens.

Any ideas?

Do you have the latest version of the SciTE4AutoIt3 installed?

Jos

Jos,

its the version as availabel on the AutoIT server 2008/05/17. About says Version 1.76 as of 2008/03/30 - 21:05:14.

I see, however, a difference: The download page reports a file size of 4136Kb, the explorer on my system reports 4040kb.

Just reinstalled it with no change. In fact it is not that important, just annoying...

• Developers

This message normally should only show up one time and it is a LUA script which basically checks if the Beta version of AutoIt3 is present and then enables/disables the Beta menu options when the situation changed. It will make an update in the au3.properties.

You do have write access on the au3.properties ?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

This message normally should only show up one time and it is a LUA script which basically checks if the Beta version of AutoIt3 is present and when enables/disables the Beta menu options. It will make an update in the au3.properties.

You do have write access on the au3.properties ?

Jos,

I have and had tried to change and/or comment that line out with no success.

Anyhow, I had run the installer once again yesterday and still had thad message. But after shutdown and restart this morning it's gone. Thanx for your support!

I had the same "Need to change au3.properties: BETA_AUTOIT = 0" problem after I upgraded when I accessed Scite from a limited access user. Administrator access worked fine. I changed write access to allow limited access users, opened scite, then changed it back and it works now.