e-mail sending with autoit?

is it possible to send email with autoit? i'm thinking of script that detects the status of my b*t and then send it to me in email.. is that possible?

if it is can you write me some example? i didnt find anything by searching :<

• Moderators

is it possible to send email with autoit? i'm thinking of script that detects the status of my b*t and then send it to me in email.. is that possible?

if it is can you write me some example? i didnt find anything by searching :<

I quick look in the help file search tab for email would answer that question for you I'd think.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I quick look in the help file search tab for email would answer that question for you I'd think.

hi i have already used that it works fine only one problem if you wanne sent mail you need a smtp server and when u run it on someone else his computer the smtp server is different is you wanne fix that simpel use gmail make a gmail adres and use your email adres as smtp server autoit logges on your acount ant sent the mail it works fine(A)

Try this: --My Outlook has a problem with it and bring up a message window asking me if I want to let a program send an email. I have to then click "Yes" for the message to be sent. I'm not sure yet how to turn this behavior off!

_Email("faginavarts@gmail.com","Test message", "Nothing to see here, move along")

Func _Email ($to, $subject, $message)

$oOutlook = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")

; Send mail

$oEmail = $oOutlook.CreateItem(0)

With $oEmail

.To = $to

.Subject = $subject

.Body = $message

.Send

EndWith

$oOutlook = 0

EndFunc

• Moderators

Try this: --My Outlook has a problem with it and bring up a message window asking me if I want to let a program send an email. I have to then click "Yes" for the message to be sent. I'm not sure yet how to turn this behavior off!

_Email("faginavarts@gmail.com","Test message", "Nothing to see here, move along")

Func _Email ($to, $subject, $message)

$oOutlook = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")

; Send mail

$oEmail = $oOutlook.CreateItem(0)

With $oEmail

.To = $to

.Subject = $subject

.Body = $message

.Send

EndWith

$oOutlook = 0

EndFunc

You're assuming every pc this is ran on has Outlook?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

You're assuming every pc this is ran on has Outlook?

Of course!

At least a provided an example which is what was asked for! It's the best I have and can't offer anything else.

Maybe instead of taking the time to be a condsending dickhead, you could have posted an example yourself. That would have done much more to make this a good thread, no?

Edited by GeoA

• Moderators

Of course!

At least a provided an example which is what was asked for! It's the best I have and can't offer anything else.

Maybe instead of taking the time to be a condsending dickhead, you could have posted an example yourself. That would have done much more to make this a good thread, no?

Guess you're not enjoying your stay here on the AutoIt forums?

I did post an example ... Of how to use the manual (and find one right in front of you after doing so).

If you consider educating someone on how to utilize the tools that are already provided for them condescending, than you're a fool.

Guess you're not enjoying your stay here on the AutoIt forums?

I did post an example ... Of how to use the manual (and find one right in front of you after doing so).

If you consider educating someone on how to utilize the tools that are already provided for them condescending, than you're a fool.

You are right. But considering how well I spell, I prefer "retard" to "fool".

thanks.. but first i got error 50 and now error 3 ;/

Change the SMTP address.

@ERROR = 1 - Invalid Parameters

@ERROR = 2 - Unable to start TCP

@ERROR = 3 - Unable to resolve IP

@ERROR = 4 - Unable to create socket

@ERROR = 5x - Cannot open SMTP session. x indicates the index number of last command issued to the SMTP server.

@ERROR = 50x - Cannot send body. x indicates the line number of $as_Body (first line is 0).

@ERROR = 5000 - Cannot close SMTP session

Edited by Andreik

When the words fail... music speaks.

• Moderators

that was one most helpful posts so far :) now need to know whats gmail's smtp address?

Had you done what I said in the 2nd post, that would have been the first function you saw.

The point I was making myself was:

1. Search the help file using the search tab and keywords (in this case email)

2. If that fails, use the Advanced search tab in the forum:

• Type in search criteria
  • Click the forum you want to search (I would start with Examples first, there are usually already made udfs that have examples)
  • Click the "Title" radio/checkbox (always search for titles first, it will narrow dow your search)

Then if all else fails, start a topic.

smtp.gmail.com according to lifehacker -> http://lifehacker.com/software/email-apps/...rver-111166.php

thanks.. but first i got error 50 and now error 3 ;/

Yep! I get error 4 when I try. smtp.gmail.com requires authorization! I think that's the problem. So, you would need to find a smtp server that doesn't require authorization--don't know if that will be easy.

Edited by GeoA

Yep! smtp.gmail.com requires authorization! I think that's the problem. So, you would need to find a smtp server that doesn't require authorization--don't know if that will be easy.

do you know any then :);)