GUI Input Problem.

Hi,

Second Problem:

What syntax do I need to use to add multiple lines of text as in the following:

GuiCtrlCreateInput("Terms And Conditions for P B's 'Macrolism' Software.", 40, 70, 310, 150, _
    BitOR($ES_MULTILINE, $ES_WANTRETURN, $PBS_VERTICAL, $PBS_SMOOTH, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL, $ES_READONLY, $ES_CENTER), $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) ; I then want to move to the next line in the input box that I have created. How do I do this?!
Edited by Wikipete
 Run (Brain.exe)

Hi,

I am wondering why the following script is not applying the designated settings I want.

I bet it's something stupid I am doing. (can you use and?!)

GuiCtrlCreateInput("Put your idea's, thoughts and idea's on this.", 40, 70, 310, 150, -1 $ES_AUTOHSCROLL and $ES_AUTOVSCROLL and $ES_MULTILINE and $ES_WANTRETURN and $PBS_VERTICAL and $PBS_SMOOTH); This is the user input field.
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Write any thoughts or sudden insparations in this page blank space.", 20, 40, 350, 20)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Please note: Notes will not be stored after you close this program!", 40, 225, 400, 20)
GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("Terms")
GuiCtrlCreateInput("Put your idea's, thoughts and idea's on this.", 40, 70, 310, 150, $ES_MULTILINE and $PBS_VERTICAL and $PBS_SMOOTH and $ES_READONLY); This is the Read Only script.

Just so you know: I am trying to make an gui input field for a user to jot down infomation which enters, scrolls and generally does everthing that notepad does.

And I am also trying to create a Terms and Conditions input box where I can type lots of text (which allignes itself within the textbox) and set it to read only.

If you want to sum those styles, use BitOr(), not a logical AND. Like:
GuiCtrlCreateInput("Put your idea's, thoughts and idea's on this.", 40, 70, 310, 150, -1, _
    BitOR($ES_AUTOHSCROLL, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL, $ES_MULTILINE, $ES_WANTRETURN, $PBS_VERTICAL, $PBS_SMOOTH))
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Write any thoughts or sudden insparations in this page blank space.", 20, 40, 350, 20)
GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Please note: Notes will not be stored after you close this program!", 40, 225, 400, 20)
GuiCtrlCreateTabItem("Terms")
GuiCtrlCreateInput("Put your idea's, thoughts and idea's on this.", 40, 70, 310, 150, _
    BitOR($ES_MULTILINE, $PBS_VERTICAL, $PBS_SMOOTH, $ES_READONLY))

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanks, that worked a treat.

I now have another problem. lol.

Unqualified amateur programming advice I can give you.

For unqualified amateur psychiatry you need to talk to Kat...

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Unqualified amateur programming advice I can give you.

For unqualified amateur psychiatry you need to talk to Kat...

Thanks for that. Very helpful. It's not as if I am not trying.

I tried {enter} but it did not work.

Give me a break mate, this is my 4th day in Autoit!.

Run (Brain.exe)