Finding the charset of a font?

Hello,

I've searched here and google but I don't seem to be able to find a way to get the charset of a font the user selects. I need to pass the charset of the selected font to another programs command line. Anyone have any tips?

Maybe a little more detail will help. I'm using _ChooseFont to allow the user to change the font, passed to another program through a command-line argument, and this program wants to know the charset of the font. Right now I'm just passing DEFAULT_CHARSET and hoping it works for every possible font. I would like to be able to pass the right charset though. Any tips anyone?

Maybe a little more detail will help. I'm using _ChooseFont to allow the user to change the font, passed to another program through a command-line argument, and this program wants to know the charset of the font. Right now I'm just passing DEFAULT_CHARSET and hoping it works for every possible font. I would like to be able to pass the right charset though. Any tips anyone?

You may be able to use COM objects to analyze the properties of a font and return the charset. I did some Googling and didn't find much... If you are unfamiliar with COM objects, there is a bit of information in the help file; however, searching for COM objects on the forums is probably going to yield more examples.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt