Snarl UDF?

Heh, like I said, I tried, but I'm too dumb. Apparently, a COM interface called "snarl_kit" will eventually be released (as evidenced here), however, it was going to be in the "next release" (while v1.6 was current), and Snarl 2.0 has been released, still with no COM SDK. :) Edited by phaze424

Is there a DLL or something?

EDIT: And at least show us what you tried...

I didn't actually get anywhere due to my lack of understanding of the Windows API, specifically SendMessage. As far as a DLL or something goes, there is no DLL that I know of, but I did just recently find this command-line app for sending messages to Snarl. If I can't get a system working with the WinAPI, I'll probably just end up FileInstalling this to the Temp directory or something.

EDIT: Meh, the link is broken. It says it was included in the 1.6 release, but I can't seem to find it in 2.0.

Edited by phaze424

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

If you run the compiled test script, snarl.exe and snooper.exe (from C:\Program Files\Common Files\k23 productions\melon\daemons) will also run. Snarl.exe uses 4 files according to OpenedFilesView from Nirsoft. These are close.png (C:\Program Files\Snarl\etc\icons), libmexec.dll (C:\Program Files\Common Files\k23 productions\melon\libs), melon.tlb (C:\Windows\system32) and a file %Temp% folder. I think it is possible to make Snarl portbale.

These are great news :D Is/will there a page (or maybe this forum thread) which I could link to on the Snarl homepage in the development section? Would like to add AutoIt to the list of available include files :D

And yes, I am reading the refereres to the Snarl homepage just to see from where you are coming and I saw this thread has become popular as a referer yesterday ;)