Unable to open the script file

Hey guys!

I tried searching this up on the forum, but I'm getting a message saying that I am searching for keywords that are not allowed.

So, I managed to successfully compile a script (turns out that right click>compile doesn't work on Vista. You need to open Aut2exe.exe and run as administrator and then manually compile to make it work).

However, I tried running the script file and I get the message:

AutoIt Error

Unable to open the script file.

Not really sure what this means. Could anyone shine some light onto this?

You might try ditching Vista.

Don't we all dream of doing that? :)

If you can't do that, see if there are any permissions that need to be changed.

Hmm... I'm not really sure what kind of permissions you're talking about. I just tried executing the file as an administrator and it doesn't seem to work. I also tried adding the #requireadmin function, but that doesn't seem to work too.

Oh, just for the record, the script I am trying to run performs a simple file rename operation on a bunch of files selected with the user. The user provides a certain string, and selects to append it to the start or the end of the file. There's also a music file rename function, which the user specifies the artist and album, and any files with the name of:

xx - filename (where xx are two number that are not 00)

is renamed to:

xx- artist name - album name - filename.

I'm not sure whether these functions would affect how the executable would run on Vista, but I thought I might as well add it in there :)

Thanks again!

Hi nobbe!

The script does run successfully (that's how I was able to debug it). However, if I tried to compile the script, it would say that it could not find the UPX compressor.

This is why I had to execute AUT2EXE manually and with administration rights in order for the compilation to work.

Any ideas?

the upx compressor is the "UPX.EXE", it should in the autoit /aut2exe directory , maybe its broken or cant be found ?

or you could try

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n

Tried that. It didn't work :)

Are you using the zip or the install version of AutoIt? If you have the installed version, you might try uninstalling, removing all leftovers, then reinstalling. Sometimes that helps.

Okay, I tried re-installing it and I think that the application will run (I saw the GUI pop up just before an error occurred). The error I'm getting is that of an undefined variable, $ES_READONLY.

The line that is causing the problem is:

$inputmusicfolderpath=GUICtrlCreateInput ( "", 30, 70 , 350 , 25, $ES_READONLY)

I do have GUIconstants.au3 included in my software.

Edited by aommaster

Tried that. It didn't work :)

Okay, I tried re-installing it and I think that the application will run (I saw the GUI pop up just before an error occurred). The error I'm getting is that of an undefined variable, $ES_READONLY.

The line that is causing the problem is:

$inputmusicfolderpath=GUICtrlCreateInput ( "", 30, 70 , 350 , 25, $ES_READONLY)

I do have GUIconstants.au3 included in my software.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=70902

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.