GuiCtrlEdit ( )

I have a Question about GUICtrlCreateEdit()

I Need to put many Words in it ... However it looks like it got limits ... I cant put more than some certain number of characters ... I think thats about 30,000 characters ... not exactly sure about that number ...

Anyway , any Suggestion on how I can do and add as many line as I want in an Edit window ... Iam trying to make a Gui that looks similar to the Help menu ... you know it ... a Tree View in the left hand side ... and whenever you click an list there , the opposite Edit window will show the topic with unlimited amount of characters ....

Thanx in advance :)

P.S. : Sorry about asking that earlier in another thread ... I just thought that its better to ask in a related thread than opening a whole new Topic ... :)

I have a Question about GUICtrlCreateEdit()

I Need to put many Words in it ... However it looks like it got limits ... I cant put more than some certain number of characters ... I think thats about 30,000 characters ... not exactly sure about that number ...

Anyway , any Suggestion on how I can do and add as many line as I want in an Edit window ... Iam trying to make a Gui that looks similar to the Help menu ... you know it ... a Tree View in the left hand side ... and whenever you click an list there , the opposite Edit window will show the topic with unlimited amount of characters ....

Thanx in advance :)

P.S. : Sorry about asking that earlier in another thread ... I just thought that its better to ask in a related thread than opening a whole new Topic ... :)

If you are using HTML then take a look at the IE Management in the UDFs Section of help. IE Embedded should do what you want.

If it's plain text then it's easy to convert to html and use the same method.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

No problem. You fixed it and now you know better. :)

Multiple issues per topic makes searching the forum for previous answers problematic. As there is no marginal cost per topic feel free to start one for every issue (after using the search yourself, of course).

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Increase the limit of your GuiCtrlEdit with _GUICtrlEdit_SetLimitText()

I really doubt that will work (I would be happy in that case).

It does work when you want the user to input just a limited amount of text in the edit box (100 characters, 1000, 5000 ... something like this) but - IMO - it won't allow to enter more than 30k chars (if that is the real limit).

Anyway - if it works for you, please post the result here.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

@ PsaltyDS

Thanx for watching after the forum ... I cant stress how useful its for everyone not just me :)

@ AdmiralAlkex & @ enaiman

This _GUICtrlEdit_SetLimitText ( ) is Working Fine :)

However , it seems to be not what I really want ... Its True that it can increase the normal ... in the example I tried of the Help files ... I saw that its normally 30,000 ... and it can be increase to 64,000 !! ... I dont know if can be even more ...

What I want is to begin the Gui with all words written in it ... In fact , that Edit window will be set to be READ ONLY .... Even with you Limit setter command , Scite cant run the Gui due to this Error : ==> Unterminated string.:

Which means that the wont hold more than 30,000 in the first place ... That limit setter works fine if adding words after running the Gui is what you want .... Too bad :(

@ GEOSoft

HTML ...

I looked up those html group in the help files ... but I couldnt get a hold on how would they help me to achieve what Iam looking for ... would someone , please , Explain how would that help me ?? ... the exact related command would be nice :)

I don't even know what "html" stand for :( ... I guess thats why I couldn't understand that much about it in the help files ...

Thanx ot everyone for their help so far :P

Really appreciated

Edited by hussert

So ... :) ... any takers , guys ?

At least on how to use that Html ... I mean , Which command of those Htmls is the one appropriate ??

_IECreateEmbedded() instead of an Edit control. Also go throught the IE Examples.

How to create the html page itself depends on how your tect is stored now. If it's in a .txt file then the conversion is simple

_HTMLWrite("mytextfile.txt")

Func _HTMLWrite($tFile)
   Local $hOut = "<html><pre>" & @CRLF, $hFile
   $hOut &= FileRead($tFile) & @CRLF
   $hOut &= "</pre></html>
   $hFile = FileOpen(StringReplace($tFile, ".txt", ".htm"), 2)
   FileWrite($hFile, $hOut)
   FileClose($hFile)
EndFunc

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"