Run a program from memory stick

Hi all,

What I should be for run a program from memory stick, when I connect this on my computer.

I try to make INF file like this:

[AUTORUN]
RUN=MYPROGRAM.EXE

but the program not run.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Andreik

When the words fail... music speaks.

Try this, but you'll still be prompted with a "what do you want to do" window since you're using removable media. The U3 drives use an emulated CDRom drive to perform the autorun without user intervention. PortableApps.com has a nice interface for autorun flash drives, but they don't have the emulator like U3.

[Autorun]
Open=MYPROGRAM.EXE
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

Try this, but you'll still be prompted with a "what do you want to do" window since you're using removable media. The U3 drives use an emulated CDRom drive to perform the autorun without user intervention. PortableApps.com has a nice interface for autorun flash drives, but they don't have the emulator like U3.

[Autorun]
Open=MYPROGRAM.EXE
I was tring your example but doesn't work. I want to run a program without user intervention, every time that my memory stick is conencted to a computer.

For example:

MyProgram.exe

MsgBox(-1,"MY MEMORY STICK","WELCOME")

Every time when I connect my memory stick on the computer to show this message.

Short answer, without a special memory stick and special software, you can't. Closest you can come is when it's plugged in, your option will be at the top of the "What do you want to do" menu. If you decide to buy a new memory stick, I can help you do just that (I do it too, very useful for deploying changes without having to worry about burning new CDs and such).

Short answer, without a special memory stick and special software, you can't. Closest you can come is when it's plugged in, your option will be at the top of the "What do you want to do" menu. If you decide to buy a new memory stick, I can help you do just that (I do it too, very useful for deploying changes without having to worry about burning new CDs and such).

What kind of memory is a part of special memory and please tell me some names of special software.

Some examples?

Thanks in advance!

I agree, Richard, I wish there had been a better solution than what they came up with. Given how Windows works with USB drives, though, it was the only way to achieve their goals (which shouldn't have been done either).

Ideally, if you opt in to wanting the USB drive to autoload things, you should have a Service running that looks for the inf file and runs what it finds there, so that if some people don't want things run automatically (like in certain corporate environments), they can just not install. The current U3 setup can also be done like this (disable CD's autorun), but it shouldn't have been done that way to start with.