[Web App] Online Mp3 Player

theguy0000

Note: This must be used with AuCGI. It will not work with the old method of Web apps. Get the latest version of AuCGI, along with instructions for installation, here.

You may have to change the extensions of the files from auw to ahp or au3, depending on what extension you normally use for web applications.

music_player.zip

BEFORE YOU START:Put all of your mp3's you want to play in a directory named "files" which must be in the same directory as the two scripts. This script does not search recursively, so all of the files you want played must be in that folder, no subfolders are allowed. Also, go to lines 33 and 38 in play.auw. Find "music.theguy0000.com" in both and replace with the url to wherever the scripts are located.

I wanted to be able to play my mp3 collection on other computers, so this is what I came up with. You put these files on your website (home server with AuCGI installed). Browse to index.auw from any browser (flash must be enabled). Pick a song, and it will play with a flash mp3 player from Odeo.

When the song is over, it will automatically go to the next song.

Flaw: The script cannot "know" when the song is over. It simply waits for the length of the song, then goes to the next one. This means that if you pause, rewind, or fast forward through a song, it will cause it to go to the next song earlier or later than it should. I'm trying to find a way to fix this.

Note:If you would like a more colorful player, go to line 38 in play.auw and replace "black" with "gray".

For an example, go to http://music.theguy0000.com/ (my little mp3 collection...For example only. Please do not use this as your own. I have bandwidth limits too.)

Sorry if this seems like a little more work than it's worth, but I made this in mind of my own website, I did not plan on releasing it publicly. I just thought I would share.

Also, there may be other programs already out there to do this, but I usually like to write my own solutions to problems like these. It's more customizable... and fun.

Edited by theguy0000

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Oh sweet!

Now I just need to buy a host, but the idea is awesome.

You'll never find a host with AuCGI installed. I literally mean never.

@TheGuy0000

Welcome baaaaaaaaacccckkkk :)

i just hope the music industry wont find out about the public display of mp3s.. :)

What about places like RadioBlogClub? I'm sure they would go for bigger names like that instead of small opensource programs like this. I'm sure it shouldn't be too much of a worry.

@theguy0000

Very nice again !! :)

I came up with an other solution for this.

It let's you map a drive over HTTP and you can run the MP3's on your machine, which are stored on the server in an ISO file.

I'll see that I can post an wrapper for this, some time soon.

Anyway I still love your AuCGI !! :)

Regards

ptrex

What about places like RadioBlogClub? I'm sure they would go for bigger names like that instead of small opensource programs like this. I'm sure it shouldn't be too much of a worry.

its not about a little open source program but his files were visible publically , im shure thats not a too good idea - maybe better use a PW protected login and secure the server

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

@nobbe: I really doubt that anyone would care about this... Or that anyone who cared would even find it, really.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

It says the file does not exist. I know it does, I put it there. It's reading from my C:\ drive :)

You changed $path in both index.auw and play.auw? The file is in C:\, no subdirectories?