@OSVersion on XP 64

hello

I'm using some scripts which depend on the operation system they run on, and i got some problems with the scripts not running correctly on XP 64 and i think the problem is that the @OSVersion Macro returns WIN_2003 on WinXP 64bit machines, so it runs the WIN_2003 Part and not the Part for XP. Any suggestions to solve this ?

regards

hello

I'm using some scripts which depend on the operation system they run on, and i got some problems with the scripts not running correctly on XP 64 and i think the problem is that the @OSVersion Macro returns WIN_2003 on WinXP 64bit machines, so it runs the WIN_2003 Part and not the Part for XP. Any suggestions to solve this ?

regards

I don't have a 64-bit machine to work with, but what do @OSVersion, @OSType and @OSBuild return on your 64-bit machine? If you do not know how to find out, run this on the 64-bit box:

MsgBox(0,"","@OSVersion: " & @OSVersion & @CR & "@OSType: " & @OSType & @CR & "@OSBuild: " & @OSBuild)
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

I don't have a 64-bit machine to work with, but what do @OSVersion, @OSType and @OSBuild return on your 64-bit machine? If you do not know how to find out, run this on the 64-bit box:

MsgBox(0,"","@OSVersion: " & @OSVersion & @CR & "@OSType: " & @OSType & @CR & "@OSBuild: " & @OSBuild)
like i wrote @OSVersion returns WIN_2003

@OSType Win32_NT

@OSBuild 3790

like i wrote @OSVersion returns WIN_2003

@OSType Win32_NT

@OSBuild 3790

Well, that's no good. Apparently, AutoIt believes you are running Server 2003 in all regards... Those variables aren't going to do you any good for your 64-bit box. Check all of the entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion and see if you can distinguish 64-bit from one of those keys. You'll just need to create your own variable which performs a RegRead on a key that you can StringRegExp for "64". I would find the registry position for you, but I do not have a 64-bit XP box available.
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

• Moderators

What does this return:

Func _OSBit2()
    Local $tOS = DllStructCreate("char[256]")
    Local $aGSWD = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "GetSystemWow64Directory", "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tOS), "int", 256)
    If IsArray($aGSWD) And DllStructGetData($tOS, 1) Then Return 64
    Return 32
EndFunc
?

From: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=427175

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

What does this return:

Func _OSBit2()
    Local $tOS = DllStructCreate("char[256]")
    Local $aGSWD = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "GetSystemWow64Directory", "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tOS), "int", 256)
    If IsArray($aGSWD) And DllStructGetData($tOS, 1) Then Return 64
    Return 32
EndFunc
?

From: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=427175

This Returns 64, but i have to know whether its xp or 2003..