Record function(automated macro creation)

Sorry to bother you, but where is the record function? I have searched the wiki and this forum for the word "record" but nothing. I want to simply start an application then click with my mouse then from there I will creat an exe to use an autoit script. Sourceforge has AutoItRecorder for autoit isn't there something better? newer? Thanks in advanced.

• Moderators

Sourceforge has AutoItRecorder for autoit isn't there something better?

Coding it by hand?

Look in your AutoIt directory, you'll find many tools there (including the macro recorder).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Ok, I FOUND IT MYSELF. Its called "Scriptwriter" not "macro recorder." I had to go through 3 pulldown windows and probably only found it cause I also downloaded SciTE as it was in the SciTE directory. NOT IN the main AutoIt directory!!!

THANKS 4 NOTHING!

Coding it by hand?

Look in your AutoIt directory, you'll find many tools there (including the macro recorder).

:)

• Moderators

Ok, I FOUND IT MYSELF. Its called "Scriptwriter" not "macro recorder." I had to go through 3 pulldown windows and probably only found it cause I also downloaded SciTE as it was in the SciTE directory. NOT IN the main AutoIt directory!!!

THANKS 4 NOTHING!

:)

No need to get pissy little one. You'll find yourself quite short lived here.

You proved a point though, rather than wasting the forums time, if you took your own time and did a bit of research, you would have found what you wanted.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 5 years later...

No need to get pissy little one. You'll find yourself quite short lived here.

You proved a point though, rather than wasting the forums time, if you took your own time and did a bit of research, you would have found what you wanted.

How incredibly insulting this SmOke_N guy was in 2008.  I Hope he matured a bit later on.