ToolTip_UDF

rasim

Hi everyone!

I often see questions like this: "How i can change the tooltip text and background colors?", "How i can change the tooltip font size and font name?", "How to create a custom tooltip?"

And i became interesting about possibility to create a custom tooltip. This possible. :)

Edit:

Fixed 2 bugs

ToolTip_UDF.zip

Edited by rasim

GaryFrost

Could use some examples for the UDFs that are already included with AutoIt.

Yes, but UDF from the help file don`t contain examples. :)

Jango

Is it possible to do rounded tooltip ?

Baloon style? Yes, use a _ToolTip_SetBaloonStyle() function to set a baloon tip. :)

GaryFrost

Yes, but UDF from the help file don`t contain examples. :)

Jango

Baloon style? Yes, use a _ToolTip_SetBaloonStyle() function to set a baloon tip. :)

Must be an echo or I don't speak plain enough English.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

GaryFrost

Must be an echo or I don't speak plain enough English.

Ok. Please show me understandable example from GuiToolTip.au3 or from the help file. If you think that my UDF is wrong and unnecessary - this is your right. Instead of sarcasm you can show me errors in my code or give advice about improving code. Thank you! Edited by rasim

GaryFrost

Ok. Please show me understandable example from GuiToolTip.au3 or from the help file. If you think that my UDF is wrong and unnecessary - this is your right. Instead of sarcasm you can show me errors in my code or give advice about improving code. Thank you!

All I was stating (which you repeated, thus the sarcasm) was that the UDFs are already there in a include file, they just need examples.

If you want to re-write them again thats up to you. Was just trying to save you time.

There are plenty of UDFs that don't have examples that anyone could contribute examples for.

I've contributed plenty of examples/UDFs and at the moment not planning on creating anymore.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

GaryFrost

All I was stating (which you repeated, thus the sarcasm) was that the UDFs are already there in a include file, they just need examples.

:) Im sorry, has not understood your reply it is correctly.

If you want to re-write them again thats up to you. Was just trying to save you time.

Yes, you are right, but i don`t know about (GuiToolTip.au3) UDF. :)

I've contributed plenty of examples/UDFs and at the moment not planning on creating anymore.

Ok. Thank you for your time and your work. Sorry again. :)

• 3 months later...

@rasim

Fixed 2 bugs

Nope...

_ToolTip_SetBkColor($Input, "0xFF0000")

This one not working properly.

You need to convert to number before the _RGB2BGR() function:

Func _ToolTip_SetTextColor($hControl, $sColor)
    If Not $sColor Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    $sColor = Number($sColor)

If $hToolTip = False Then $hToolTip = _ToolTip_Create()
    If Not IsHWnd($hControl) Then $hControl = GUICtrlGetHandle($hControl)

Local $iElement = _FindControl($hControl)
    $aTextColor[$iElement] = _RGB2BGR($sColor)
EndFunc

:)

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

• 1 year later...

Maybe this link will be useful to create more complex ToolTip control.

See there about two advanced messages:

# TTM_SETTOOLINFO: Associate the specified tool with the specified TOOLINFO structure.

# TTM_GETTOOLINFO: Gets the TOOLINFO structure associated with the specified tool.

The point of world view

• 5 years later...

I try to test this UDF. I got error message when run the example: line 9 in ToolTip_UDF : Can not redeclare a constat

I deleted this line, seems work now and i like it.

My question is how can i use _ToolTip_SetBaloonStyle() function.

I got another error messages when i tryed to use : variable used without being declared

The variable is : $GWL_STYLE

I think this is a great UDF, it's worth to update

Comment out line 9 (Global Const $TTDT_AUTOPOP = 2) and add #include <WinAPIConstants.au3> somewhere at the top and it should work.

Btw, rasim is not active since 02/2009!

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ