Using AutoIt for WMware

Hi everyone,

I am very new to AutoIT. I've been reading the docs and FAQ for the past week and trying to play around with it. I tried the notepad script sample and I really like it. I plan to write a script that can work with VMware. for example: I need to test various programs in VMware. Since all of you have more experience in this, I'm wondering if it's feasible. I'll appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Edited by angelic

Hi everyone,

I am very new to AutoIT. I've been reading the docs and FAQ for the past week and trying to play around with it. I tried the notepad script sample and I really like it. I plan to write a script that can work with VMware. for example: I need to test various programs in VMware. Since all of you have more experience in this, I'm wondering if it's feasible. I'll appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Are you asking if AutoIt scripts run in a virtual environment? Or are you looking to control VMWare itself?
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

AutoIT Scripts do run fine in A Virtual Machine (as long as the OS is Windows).

Running AutoITScripts in the VM console isn't possible since the console is a Linux box.

For that you need scripts written in bash or pearl.

Edited by Scriptonize

If you learn from It, it's not a mistake

Are you asking if AutoIt scripts run in a virtual environment? Or are you looking to control VMWare itself?

Both. firing up VMware and do all of the documentation then run the testing itself then turning off the machines.

If you are looking to automate VMWare itself, you should take a look at this:

http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/vix-api/

You can look at the Skype examples in my sig to learn how to work with objects (or read the Obj/COM Reference section in the help file).

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt