DVD Burning

greysky

Has anyone created a CD/DVD burning application with AutoIt yet? My idea is to automate a part of my job that requires me to walk down to a server room and burn some video every morning. I want to basically just have to swap a freshly burnt DVD with a blank one and close the optical drive.

If someone knows of any open source dvd burning software written in AutoIt, shoot me a reply! I'd love to look at the code.

Has anyone created a CD/DVD burning application with AutoIt yet? My idea is to automate a part of my job that requires me to walk down to a server room and burn some video every morning. I want to basically just have to swap a freshly burnt DVD with a blank one and close the optical drive.

If someone knows of any open source dvd burning software written in AutoIt, shoot me a reply! I'd love to look at the code.

Maybe if you use NeroAPI.dll, you can create a CD\DVD burning application. :)

When the words fail... music speaks.

Have a look at this site: http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/cdrecord.html

These tools are used by a lot of (freeware) cd/dvd programs like InfraRecorder (which I use).

Maybe you can write an autoit program around these tools.

Dick

Don't you just have to copy - paste the files ???

:)

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

Look in your system32 folder for BurnCD.exe and BurnDvd.exe. You may or may not have them. If not then they can be downloaded free. Just Google them. There are plenty of usage examples available on the net.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

;Directory Burner Script
;Author Steve Fisher
;7th September 2007

;Simple script to select a directory and burn to CD.
;Requires CreateCD.exe Command-line CD Recording utility for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Alex Feinman
;Current Version 1.00.133
;http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/CreateCD.htm
#NoTrayIcon
#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=CD-R.ico
$dir = FileSelectFolder("Choose a folder.", @DesktopDir)
$str="c:\CreateCD3.exe" & " -r:e " & chr(34) & $dir & "\*.*" & chr(34) & " -eject"

if $dir <> "" Then
    ;MsgBox(1,"Debug",$dir)
    Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $str, "", @SW_SHOW)
EndIf

I wrote the above to backup a directory to cd, should work with dvd as well.

HTH

Steve

Edit :

Welcome to the ISO Recorder download page. ISO Recorder is a tool (power toy) for Windows XP, 2003 and now Windows Vista, that allows (depending on the Windows version) to burn CD and DVD images (DVD support is only available on Windows Vista), copy disks, make images of the existing data CDs and DVDs and create ISO images from a content of a disk folder.

Edited by xircon