tab background

my tab background color is urine colored and maybe a yellowish brownish and i was wondering if that could be changed. im not talking about that background in the tab. im talking about the background all tabs have at the top where the tab item names are shown.

here's a screenshot of what im talking about:

my tab background color is urine colored and maybe a yellowish brownish and i was wondering if that could be changed. im not talking about that background in the tab. im talking about the background all tabs have at the top where the tab item names are shown.

here's a screenshot of what im talking about:

You can trun off XP themes before you create the tab control then turn them back on again afterwards.

$LastTheme = XPStyle();<---------------turn off XP themes before creating tab
$tab = GuiCtrlCreateTab(...........
XPStyle($LastTheme);<------------------add line after creating tab.

;XPStyle turns XP theme on or off
;Param $theme - 0 turns XP theme off
;              if an array then the theme is set using the array
;Returns        an array defining the last XP theme
Func XPStyle($theme = 0)
    If Not StringInStr(@OSTYPE, "WIN32_NT") Then Return 0

If $theme = 0 Or Not IsArray($theme) Then
       $theme = DllCall("uxtheme.dll", "int", "GetThemeAppProperties")
        DllCall("uxtheme.dll", "none", "SetThemeAppProperties", "int", 0)
        Return $theme
    ElseIf IsArray($theme) Then
        DllCall("uxtheme.dll", "none", "SetThemeAppProperties", "int", $theme[0])
        Return $theme
    EndIf
    Return 0
EndFunc

If you want to stop the 'urine' colour trickling through to the controls on the tab pages then put the line XPStyle($LastTheme) after the end tab definition line GUICtrlCreateTabItem("").

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I put XPStyleToggle(0) after each of my GUICtrlCreateTabItem() functions and it says unknown function while pointing to XPStyleToggle(0)?

Sorry, I didn't notice your reply.

There was an error in my post, instead of XPStyleToggle I should have said XPTheme. I have corrected it now.

I didn't say put anything after each control. You need to read the post again. You only have one line to turn XP themes off and one line to turn them back on.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

but what do you mean by end tab definition

Best to read the help for GuiCtrlCreateTabItem to get the answer.

If you don't remember that bit then things will go horribly wrong. Almost every time someone post a question about problems with controls showing on tabs when they shouldn't it's because they forgot the end tab definition.

i dont see how turning off an on the "themes" would help anything.

it still is screwed up horribly, and i put it after the end tab definition...

Edit: and i dont think we got anywhere with this topic because the urin "trickling" is going to my controls.

I sent everyone and image file plain as day as what I wanted to change the color, just that area, not anywhere on my controls.

Edited by nowagain