Coordinates auto adjusting to different screen sizes and resolutions

Prior to retiring I worked in the engine area of engineering Software(eg Logic Simulation) with little to do with GUI's so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I have spent the lase few years writing applications for my personal use with a fair amount of success.

Several friends and relations have asked me to give them a copy to use themself but there in lies the rub.

The resolution of the screen I use is 1900X1200. Others do not so when I ask for a listbox to be 400 pixels wide and 800 high it looks fine on my screen.

However when my sister loads the software on her PC which has a resolution of 1024X768 you can guess what happens.

Other than rewriting the programs(many of them) to adjust X & Y values automatically, what can I do.

If I am currently out of luck then could I make a request.

Modify all functions which has X,Y,Width,Height as input parameters to adjust the values acording to the resolution of the screen the developer used.

eg.

for my situation any X parameter would have a factor @DesktopWidth/1920 applied to it to adjust for different screen resolutions.

Several of you have been helpfull to me in the past and I thank you for that.

This problem is a royal pain in the ars unless anyone can come up with something I have overlooked.

Thanks in advanse for any sage and advice.

StuffByDennis

Post some of your code. I'm sure it could be done different way.

For example by using ControlClick() instead of MouseClick()

You can make some helper UDF function for resolution calculations for example: _MakeX($X), _MakeY($Y) and use it where it needs to be.

I thought as much.

I had written the tou routines and edit one of my old software, it was a pain.

I have now written a program which reads is the SciTE au3.api file to produce an INI file which is then used to programatically edit my old scripts.

Thanks for your input.

StuffByDennis