compressing a file?

For a zip file take a look at eltorro's UDF Au3zip. Some ppl have also been working with 7zip or other compression utils, but nothing native.

Kerros===============================================================How to learn scripting: Figure out enough to be dangerous, then ask for assistance.

If I didn't know better, I would think with the type of questions you have been asking, it seems like you are trying to make something that steals information from a PC, emails it to you, then erases itself to clean up its tracks. Can you tell us what you are really doing?

Edited by Volly

If I didn't know better, I would think with the type of questions you have been asking, it seems like you are trying to make something that steals information from a PC, emails it to you, then erases itself to clean up its tracks. Can you tell us what you are really doing?

i am just learning it and you are thinking wrong about me. i am not trying to create such thing because i also don't like it. please don't give a false colouring to what i posts. my purpose is not bad. believe me.

sorry for my spelling mistakes. its due to be fast !!!

I'm happy you want to learn. You have to understand there are those who will use AutoIt to do some real bad stuff. Do you care to share just what your project entails? We may aready have what you need to save you a bit of time. You would be surprised on the stuff that people have made.