GUI form to edit web file

I am finishing up a website and would like to be able to use an AutoIT program to help me manage one page in particular. What I need it to do is read a php file to a specific line and see if the text reads either DOWN or UP, then allow me to change that text with a button on a GUI interface that I make. I am finishing up the GUI as we speak but I am unsure as to how to call up a file and having it read specific lines only.

Here are some basic screenshots as to what I am doing.

This is what is currently showing

Posted Image

This is the HTML coding for it (very basic)

Posted Image

After the GUI is able to read that file and change the appropriate line, it would look like this (so basically change the font color to red and change UP to DOWN)

Posted Image

This is the very rough GUI control that I made up as a rough draft basis of this program

Posted Image

Thanks!

What is your question?

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

What is your question?

I am unsure as to how I would begin to program this. When the program begins, it needs to read each separate line and return whether or not the status is up or down. then by clicking on the up or down button, I can have it change the code to the correct status on the fly.

I am just stuck as to how I should go about this.

At least for me, your description still stinks.

Is this "php" file rendered in a browser? Is it simply a text file on disk that happens to have a .php extension? Are you trying to press buttons in an AutoIt GUI? Are you trying to change the characteristics of the buttons in the AutoIt GUI based on what you find in the file?

Sorry, please try to look at your question as if you know nothing about your scenario (which I don't) and try again.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

At least for me, your description still stinks.

Is this "php" file rendered in a browser? Is it simply a text file on disk that happens to have a .php extension? Are you trying to press buttons in an AutoIt GUI? Are you trying to change the characteristics of the buttons in the AutoIt GUI based on what you find in the file?

Sorry, please try to look at your question as if you know nothing about your scenario (which I don't) and try again.

Dale

Nevermind. I have figured it out with another person's help.