Script not working on PC using "user only" rights

I can't seem to get the following script to copy the file to the "Windows" folder. It works if I'm logged in as an administrator to the PC.

"INI File entries"

[LogoData]

Destination1=C:\WINDOWS\

Destination2=C:\WINNT\

FileName=MBC_Banner.bmp

Script:

If Not IsAdmin() Then

RunAsSet("Administrator", @Computername, "password")

EndIf

Dim $Location

Dim $Destination

Dim $FileName

If @OSVersion = "WIN_2000" Then

;This statement reads data from the referenced INI file to set the paramenter shown.

$Destination = IniRead ( @ScriptDir & "\ClientLogo.ini", "LogoData", "Destination2", "default" )

ElseIf @OSVersion = "WIN_XP" or @OSVersion = "WIN_VISTA" Then

;This statement reads data from the referenced INI file to set the paramenter shown.

$Destination = IniRead ( @ScriptDir & "\ClientLogo.ini", "LogoData", "Destination1", "default" )

EndIf

$FileName = IniRead ( @ScriptDir & "\ClientLogo.ini", "LogoData", "FileName", "default" )

$Location = @ScriptDir & "\" & $FileName

dim $Banner = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NOVELL\LOGIN\BANNER","IMAGE")

If not FileExists($Destination & $FileName) Then

FileCopy($Location, $Destination, 9)

ElseIf $Banner <> ($Destination & $FileName) Then

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NOVELL\LOGIN\BANNER","IMAGE","Reg_SZ",$Destination & $FileName)

Else

EndIf

***********************************************************************************

RunAsSet only sets administrator privileges for the Run and RunWait commands. If you want to perform file copies and iniwrites, etc., you'll need to either do a RunAsSet then Run on this script from another, or use Run commands using DOS command line or other autoit scripts.

BTW - RunAsSet no longer exists in the latest build, it has been replaced with RunAs and RunWaitAs.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

I downloaded and installed the latest version and found the following script:

; Fill in the username and password appropriate for your system.

Local $sUserName = "Username"

Local $sPassword = "Password"

; Run a command prompt as the other user.

Local $pid = RunAsWait($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, @ComSpec, @SystemDir)

; Wait for the process to close.

ProcessWaitClose($pid)

; Show a message.

MsgBox(0, "", "The process we were waiting for has closed.")

What the example fails to show or state is how to do the call to the other script. I assume that the $pid is some how related to the secondary script that we want to run, but I'm not sure how to do it exactly.

I tried several options, but can't get the process to run within the RunAsWait process. This is what I tried:

Local $pid = RunAsWait($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, Run(@ScriptDir & "\ClientLogo") )

Edited by cpremo

I downloaded and installed the latest version and found the following script:

; Fill in the username and password appropriate for your system.

Local $sUserName = "Username"

Local $sPassword = "Password"

Local $pid = RunAsWait($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, @ComSpec, @SystemDir)

; Wait for the process to close.

ProcessWaitClose($pid)

; Show a message.

MsgBox(0, "", "The process we were waiting for has closed.")

What the example fails to show or state is how to do the call to the other script. I assume that the $pid is some how related to the secondary script that we want to run, but I'm not sure how to do it exactly.

I tried several options, but can't get the process to run within the RunAsWait process. This is what I tried:

Local $pid = RunAsWait($sUserName, @ComputerName, $sPassword, 0, Run(@ScriptDir & "\ClientLogo") )

$pid would be the return value of the RunAs() function, which is the process's ID. The help file's example for RunAsWait() is actually incorrect; it does not return the process id, but it returns the exit code.

Back to the RunAsWait() - you don't need to perform the Run command inside the function - it is implied by the RunAsWait function. Whatever you put as filename in RunAsWait ( "username", "domain", "password", logon_flags, "filename" [, "workingdir" [, flag]] is going to be run.

$username = "username"
$password = "password"
$domain = @ComputerName
$filename = "notepad.exe"

$exitcode = RunAsWait($username, $domain, $password, 0, $filename, @ScriptDir)
MsgBox(0,"","The exit code of " & $filename & " was: " & $exitcode)
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

If your trying to run the compiled script with admin rights, you can use singlelton and make the script call itself with RunAs() again and once loaded the 2nd time close the first instance. Once the script has called itself with runas then any file operations work fine in a limited user account.

I recently used the above method myself and it all works great .

Other ways to just run a line with admin rights using runas() and AutoIt3ExecuteLine, the draw back to this though is the line called doesn't see any user declared variables from outside of the line.

Cheers

If I use just this example:

$exitcode = RunAsWait($username, $domain, $password, 0, $filename, @ScriptDir)

the executible ($filename) never fires off. If I use instead the "RunWait($Filename)" inside the command, the executible fires off.

However, the file never gets copied. I tried to add the "SetACL.exe" command to assign rights to the C:\Windows folder, but that doesn't seem to work either. I get the "Msgbox" statement (except the "If FileExists($Destination & $FileName) Then MsgBox(1,"","File Copied")" message), but no file in the C:\windows directory.

Dim $Location

Dim $Destination

Dim $FileName

If @OSVersion = "WIN_2000" Then

$Destination = IniRead ( @ScriptDir & "\ClientLogo.ini", "LogoData", "Destination2", "default" )

ElseIf @OSVersion = "WIN_XP" or @OSVersion = "WIN_VISTA" Then

$Destination = IniRead ( @ScriptDir & "\ClientLogo.ini", "LogoData", "Destination1", "default" )

EndIf

$FileName = IniRead ( @ScriptDir & "\ClientLogo.ini", "LogoData", "FileName", "default" )

$Location = @ScriptDir & "\" & $FileName

If not FileExists($Destination & $FileName) Then

MsgBox(1,"",@ScriptDir & "\" & $FileName & " Copied to: " & $Destination)

Dim $ALCSET = @ScriptDir & "\SetACL.exe"

Dim $test = ' -on "C:\Windows" -ot file -actn ace n:' & @ComputerName & '\users;p:full'

RunWait($ALCSET & $test, @SystemDir)

FileCopy($Location, $Destination, 9)

MsgBox(1,"","Step 1a")

If FileExists($Destination & $FileName) Then MsgBox(1,"","File Copied")

EndIf

Edited by cpremo