Collision Detector

is there any way to detect if 2 pics (made with guictrlcreatepic) in a gui collide? I am trying to make it so that the ball bounces off the black slime at the bottom.

you will need the files at the bottom to run it.

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 AutoIt Version: 3.2.12.0
 Author:         Isaac Flaum
#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#include<guiconstants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#NoTrayIcon
$slimevolleyball = guicreate("Slime Volleyball by 2o2", 745, 345)
GUISetBkColor(0x0000FF)
$1 = 1
$l = 120
$q = 230
$w = 80
$e = 42.5
$j = 0
$k = 145
$v = 90
$z = 25

$Dll = DllOpen("user32.dll")
$slime1 = @scriptDir & "\Slime1.bmp"
$floor = @scriptDIr & "\floor.bmp"
$ball = @scriptDir & "\ball.bmp"
guisetstate(@SW_SHOW)
_slime()
_floor()
_ball()
while $1 = 1
    $msg = guigetmsg()
    Select
    Case ($msg = -3)
        $1 = 2
    EndSelect
    If _IsPressed("27", $DLL) Then
        $l = $l + 3
        guictrlsetpos($slimeg1, $l, $q, $w, $e)
    EndIf
        If _IsPressed("26", $DLL) Then
        $q = $q - 3
        $j = $j + 1
    elseif $j > 10 Then
        $q = 230
        EndIf

If _IsPressed("25", $DLL) Then
        $l = $l - 3
EndIf
WEnd

func _Slime()
    if fileexists($slime1) Then
        global $slimeg1 = guictrlcreatepic($slime1, $l, $q, $w, $e)
    Else
        msgbox(0, "Slime Volleyball by 2o2", "Error, missing image")
        $1 = 2
    EndIf

EndFunc

func _floor()
    if fileexists($floor) Then
        $floorg = guictrlcreatepic($floor, 0, 272.5, 745, 80)
    Else
        $1 = 2
    EndIf
EndFunc

func _ball()
    if fileexists($ball) then
    Global  $ballg = guictrlcreatepic($ball, 145, 90, 25, 25)
    Else
    EndIf
EndFunc

Slime1.bmp

floor.bmp

global $warming = true

Hi,

and ball.bmp is ?

Since your wanting the ball to collide with a curve in a square picture, I hope your mathematically adept.

Because it really doesn't look that easy to some1 who's not.. (Me..lol)

I gather thats why the last time you posted about the slime game no one responded.

I saw your other slime game post not long after I had written a ball, brick and paddle game with autoit. ($hit A Brick)

I had a look at writing the slime game using GDI+ in autoit, but it was to much calculation commitment for me on the collision detection of a large moving curve (the slime) and a ball.

Best of luck

Cheers

Edited by smashly

• 1 month later...

yea thanks! im only 15 and just finished geometry, so i have a little understanding aka like the Pythagorean theorm and distance formula, but not stuff like calculus and precalc. Maybe ill wait a couple of years before writing this one :P it is also hard to bounce the ball correctly off of a semicircular object (the slime!)

Thanks!

-isaac

global $warming = true

Try either of these two, they might help you, you'll have to dig around though:

Physix (examples, this might serve your purpose better)

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...3&hl=Physix

Phactor (this is a game made with Physix, to show you how it can be used)

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...&hl=Phactor

You don't need that much math knowledge, I did these with basic pre-algebra knowledge

I can't help you with an Actual curved object, but using the scripts above, you can do the collisions using multiple square objects

to (easily) create "curves" without mapping out the entire image, you can create "blocks" you can't see, that follow the curve of the line, this way it makes it much, much easier.

heres what I mean:

Posted Image

Edited by VindicatorOmega

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

sure, you can use whatever you want, as long as it's still a control

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

• 3 months later...

just wondering if it would be any easier if i used guictrlcreategraphic and then set it to a 180 degree pie radius?

You can detect the collision by measuring the distance between the two circles using the coordinates of the centres using

distance=sqrt( (x2-x1)^2 + (y2-y1)^2)

If the distance is equal to (or less than) the sum of the radius of both circles than a collision has occurred.

- In your case one of the objects is a semicircle (so you don't have the bottom of this circle). So if the vertical coordinate of the circle [y1] is less than that of the semicircle [y2] then you should use

distance_x=abs(x2-x1) - in a collision this will be equal to (or less than) the sum of the radii of both circles

distance_y=y2-y1 - in a collision this will be equal to (or less than) the radius of the circle [no need for the absolute value because this method is only used when the conditions are met (the circle is below the semicircle, y1<y2)]

For a collision both the horizontal and vertical conditions must be satisfied (If you are using a coordinate system where the y values get smaller as you go up you need to change the calculations and conditions around [or just swap y1 for y2].

Your current code that you have posted Slime Volleyball, Slime Volleyball with collision detection! does not appear to handle the part where the ball is below the slime that well. However it can handle when the ball is above the slime (with a few issues)

Edited by Adam1213

You can detect the collision by measuring the distance between the two circles using the coordinates of the centres using

distance=sqrt( (x2-x1)^2 + (y2-y1)^2)

If the distance is equal to (or less than) the sum of the radius of both circles than a collision has occurred.

- In your case one of the objects is a semicircle (so you don't have the bottom of this circle). So if the vertical coordinate of the circle [y1] is less than that of the semicircle [y2] then you should use

distance_x=abs(x2-x1) - in a collision this will be equal to (or less than) the sum of the radii of both circles

distance_y=y2-y1 - in a collision this will be equal to (or less than) the radius of the circle [no need for the absolute value because this method is only used when the conditions are met (the circle is below the semicircle, y1<y2)]

For a collision both the horizontal and vertical conditions must be satisfied (If you are using a coordinate system where the y values get smaller as you go up you need to change the calculations and conditions around [or just swap y1 for y2].

Your current code that you have posted Slime Volleyball, Slime Volleyball with collision detection! does not appear to handle the part where the ball is below the slime that well. However it can handle when the ball is above the slime (with a few issues)

lol yea! im trying to make it better, and making some progress though!
global $warming = true