Change proxy settings on IE

Hi all,

How to change the proxy settings for IE7 on Windows Vista Bussines? it should be possible by writing to a registry key. But I cant find the right one. Could somebody please help me out?

Thanks!

After spending some time on the internet, searching again for a solution. I finally got my script like this:

$key = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings"
RegWrite($key, "ProxyEnabled", "REG_DWORD", "1")
RegWrite($key, "ProxyServer", "REG_SZ", "PROXY:PORT") 
RegWrite($key, "ProxyOverride", "REG_SZ", "<local>")

But when I run this, it doesnt change the proxy settings, and ofcourse I changed 'PROXY:PORT' to the proxy and port i'm using. Thanks!

*BUMP*

1st of all: No experience with hasta la VISTA so far :)

I wrote a similar script for XP and IE6 usage. When writing directly to the Reg Values you mentioned, all instances of IE need to be closed, and the next one opened will take the changes.

What you would need is a "hello, all open IE windows, read again all IE settings!", what *does* happen, when you do the changes through the IE dialoges.

Regards, Rudi.

EnvUpdate() didn't help me, it's only updating env *within* au3 scripts...

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

@PcExpert...So you are saying that after running your script with the regwrites the registry did Not get updated?...If so then you should look a the return codes for the regwrites and most likely they all return an error. Look in the helpfile for the different error codes. Since Vista has all the crazy security....you might not have any permissions to change the registry.

I have full admin rights on the system.

Error: unable to open requested key

So I thought I lacked the rights for that key, so I changed permissions on that key to have full control. But that didnt solve it :).

This is my script:

#RequireAdmin
$key = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings"
$reg = RegWrite($key, "ProxyEnabled", "REG_DWORD", "1")
MsgBox(0, "", $reg)
$reg1 = RegWrite($key, "ProxyServer", "REG_SZ", "PROXY:PORT") 
MsgBox(0, "", $reg1)
$reg2 = RegWrite($key, "ProxyOverride", "REG_SZ", "<local>")
MsgBox(0, "", $reg2)

I hope someone will be able to help me out. Thanks!

Edited by PcExpert

If you have 64-bit version of vista and running 32-bit version of autoit you are probably getting redirected to key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

check the key and if there are your values its the problem, to fix that run 64-bit version of autoit

@PcExpert...Can you try reading the values?

$Read_It = RegRead ( "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings", "ProxyServer" )
MsgBox(0,"", $Read_It)

Also...I see that you have the incorrect key name...

RegWrite($key, "ProxyEnabled", "REG_DWORD", "1")

It should be:

RegWrite($key, "ProxyEnable", "REG_DWORD", "1")